Lord Dregg is the main antagonist in the last 2 seasons of TMNT 1987. He is an evil alien overlord and is treated more serious than the Shredder and Krang. He commands a large army of aliens. Dregg met the Turtles when he and his gang broke into the Federal Reserve Bank to steal the world's gold. The Turtles, however, foiled Dregg's plan thanks to their new friend Carter.
Dregg later manipulated the people of Earth into thinking that he was their savior so that he could rule the planet. He transformed dirty water into clean water to gain their blind trust. However, it was a machine that cleansed the water, not Dregg. The people built a tower in his honor. The Turtles still didn't believe him and confronted him. They destroyed Dregg's tower and Dregg fled the scene.
He was voiced by the late voice actor, Tony Jay, in the 1987 TMNT series, who also voiced Megavolt. Tony Jay was not only a popular voice actor for children's programming but an accomplished Shakespearean actor of stage and screen. He's noted as a legend in his own right.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
In the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, Dregg has blue skin and glowing red eyes. His head towers past his forehead in a black brace. He wears a purple suit and cape with a red and orange striped outfit underneath. His eyes glow brighter when he is either delighted or rageful.
- Lord Dregg's name is a play on the word "dreg". This term refers to and is synonymous with sediment, dirt, soiled items, the least valuable parts of a thing, and very bad persons.
- Lord Dregg is the first Shredder replacement in the 1987 series.
- Dregg was created due to the fact that Power Rangers was changing their villain at the time.
- Along with other characters from the Red Sky series, Dregg never got merchandise based on him.
- Lord Dregg is the darkest and most villain in the 1987 series, as well as the only one who is Pure Evil.