Note: This article contains the movie versions of Lady Deathstrike. If you want to see the mainstream version, click here.
She is portrayed by Kelly Hu.
X2: X-Men United: The Movie Prequel: Nightcrawler
Yuriko was selected and put through the adamantium augmentation process due to her extendable claws. Following this, she was placed in the same cell as Kurt Wagner. When Kurt was comforting her, she began writhing in pain and her claws started to come out. Answering a call for help from Kurt, a few guards arrived, wondering why her claws hadn't been removed and had gotten coated in adamantium instead. After calming down, Yuriko fell asleep with Kurt assuring her that they would somehow escape.
X2: X-Men United
In the film, she is Colonel William Stryker's brainwashed mutant assistant. She was also involved in the same government program as Wolverine called weapon x giving her adamantium claws that extend from the tip of her fingernails, instead of from her knuckles, giving her five claws on each hand rather than Wolverine's three. On Stryker's orders, Deathstrike ambushed and successfully captured both Cyclops and Professor Charles Xavier Although she is portrayed as a supervillainess in the film, her actual orientation and origin are unclear because she is under the effects of mind control. After a fight with Wolverine that takes place in the laboratory where Wolverine underwent his own transformation, Wolverine disabled Deathstrike with a fluid adamantium injection, presumably killing her.
X-Men: Days of Future Past
Presumably from data in Stryker's Computer, Yuriko's abilities could be utilized by the Mark X Sentinels sometime in the future, as shown when one of them impaled Sunspot by extending their fingers.
- Wolverine once stated that Lady Deathstrike was his only link to his past.
- She wears a gray suit in the film for a period of time (a look later used by Ultimate Lady Deathstrike) before wearing a leather suit during the remainder of the film.
- In the previous versions of the script for X2: X-Men United, Lady Deathstrike's role was originally Sabretooth's, but that was changed to Anne Reynolds.
- In the comics, Lady Deathstrike is not a mutant, but a cyborg, who modified her own body in order to gain her revenge on Wolverine. Though in the movie, she is a woman with adamantium claws.
- Yuriko Oyama was turned into a cyborg by the X-Men villain Spiral.
- She is the only one besides Wolverine who survived the adamantium bonding process.
- Bryan Singer decided to add Lady Deathstrike to the second X-Men film, wanting "another kickass mutant".
- Lady Deathstrike only spoke one line in the film.
- Kelly Hu wanted to reprise her role in X-Men: The Last Stand, indicating the she survived the fluid adamantium injection by Wolverine, but after Bryan Singer left the project, she decided against doing so, and the character remained deceased.
- The title of "Lady" was not used in her name for the movie.
- Although she is portrayed as a villain in the film, her actual orientation is unclear as she was under the effects of mind control.