The Koopalings, also known as the Koopa Kids, were originally King Bowser's children and heirs to the throne of the Koopa Kingdom. The term "Koopaling" is generaly used to refer to the original seven Koopalings. In a 2012 interview, Shigeru Miyamoto said the following statement, "Our current story is the seven koopalings are not Bowser's children". They currently serve as the tertiary antagonists of the Super Mario Bros. franchise.
In the DiC cartoons, Kooky von Koopa serves directly as the secondary main antagonist of the series.
Bowser Jr. fits into his own category as he is not a prime Koopaling, but he is the most recurring, so he is not an "other".
- Bowser Jr. - Bowser's only confirmed son and also the highest ranking, being Bowser's heir.
The Primary seven Koopalings who all debuted together.
- Larry Koopa - The youngest of the seven Koopalings.
- Morton Koopa Jr. - The second youngest of the seven Koopalings.
- Wendy O. Koopa - The third youngest of the seven Koopalings.
- Iggy Koopa - The mid-child of the seven Koopalings.
- Roy Koopa - The third oldest of the seven Koopalings.
- Lemmy Koopa - The second oldest of the seven Koopalings.
- Ludwig von Koopa - The eldest of the seven Koopalings.
- According to Larry Koopa's Trophy in SSB4, he is the leader of the Koopalings. A position that some previously believed to belonged to Ludwig von Koopa.
- In the DIC cartoons, the Koopalings were given different names.