Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ken is the secondary main antagonist of the 2007 DreamWorks film Bee Movie. He is the ex-boyfriend of florist Vanessa Bloome, who is friends with a talking bee named Barry B. Benson, the protagonist of the film.
Ken wore a white short-sleeved shirt with two blue stripes, tan shorts, and blue and white shoes. Ken had short dark brown hair.
Role in the film
Ken was first seen playing tennis with Vanessa, both not noticing Barry on the ball after being stuck on it while he was with the pollen jocks. He is later seen again when he and his friend Andy and his girlfriend were talking.
Just as Ken saw Barry on Andy's girlfriend's guacamole, he got out his winter boots and prepared to squash him, but Vanessa comes in and stops him. She rips up his brochure so she can set Barry free.
Later, it is shown that Vanessa and he have yogurt night on every part of the week, and when Barry shows up, he is confused about Barry and Vanessa's team up to sue the humans for stealing the honey. She takes him out so she and Barry can be alone, which raises Ken's fuse.
Ken then becomes very, very jealous of Barry and prepares to kill him in Vanessa's bathroom with an Italian Vogue and then by flushing him down the toilet, to no success.
Vanessa realises this, and drags Ken out of the bathroom where they argue, and Vanessa, having enough of Ken's attitude, breaks up with him, saying that Barry is the nicest bee she met in a long time.
Ken is last seen at the epilogue, angry that Vanessa and Barry are probably going out and they just started a real estate/honey/flower shop. Andy just drags him away.
- He was voiced by famous actor Patrick Warburton who is very well known for playing the voices of Joe Swanson from Family Guy and Ian in Open Season.
- Ken says that he prefers sugar free artificial sweeteners made by man, though earlier, he was eating frozen yogurt and yogurt comes from the milk of a cow.
- He is allergic to bees and does not like honey.
- Ken is similar to Gaston; they are good-looking, but they are also psychotically jealous and try to kill the protagonists who are dating their women.
- Despite being the secondary antagonist of the film, Ken is a fan favorite, and probably more dangerous than the Lawyer