Kedamas are a race of youkai resembling white balls of fur from the Touhou Project series that appear in EoSD and PCB Stage 4. They appear in a number of fangames, being the most common enemy in Moedan and Tasofro's platformers, such as MegaMari and Super Marisa Land and also populating the first floor of the dungeon crawler Labyrinth of Touhou. They also appear as the only enemy type in Sanae Challenge! FUSION. Fan art often frequently depicts them with °д° faces drawn on them and associates them with Lily White.
They have been described as "hairballs" (毛玉, kedama), which is from the fact that they resemble white balls of fur. Shown in the sprites of the Touhou Project games, they are simply white fluffy hairballs.
- In fanart and fangames, they are frequently drawn with (°д°) faces to give a more characteristic look.
- Because of this, they have been compared to IOSYS version of the Etrian Odyssey series FOE (Field-on Enemy) and sometimes the hairball and the FOE are depicted as the same thing as fans sometimes get confused which is which.
- They are sometimes associated with Lily White as a symbol of spring.
- This enemy is rather popular in fangames, being the most common enemy in Moedan, Concealed the Conclusion, Touhou Mother and Twilight Frontier's platformers Super Marisa Land, New Super Marisa Land and MegaMari and also populating the first floor in the dungeon crawler Labyrinth of Touhou. They also appear as the only enemy type in Super Marisa World (being called a "fuzz") and Sanae Challenge! FUSION.
- Because of these fan-made platformers, fans have sometimes called the hairball the Koopa (and sometimes the Goomba) of the Touhou Project.