If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Pretty boy ain't gonna save ya this time!||„|
|~ Kano to Sonya Blade.|
Kano is the treacherous, arrogant, and crude leader of the Black Dragon Clan and a villain from the Mortal Kombat series of fighting games. He holds a sick infatuation with Sonya Blade (much to her disgust). He is also the quaternary antagonist in the 1st Mortal Kombat game, a minor antagonist in Mortal Kombat II, a major antagonist in 3-Armageddon, the anti-villain in Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe, he serves as one of the quinary antagonists (along with Noob Saibot and Mileena) in Mortal Kombat 9 and is the major antagonist in Mortal Kombat X.
Kano is very opportunistic, manipulative, and resourceful, so he mostly engages in fights he has an advantage in. He usually uses his Black Dragon Members (Tasia, Tremor, Jarek, No Face, and Thugs) to engage his enemy to wear them down, so he can have the advantage in the fight. Although Kano uses others to his advantage, he is extremely adept in hand to hand combat and displays great prowess with knives, particularly his signature weapon: a pair of butterfly knives.
In addition to his skills, Kano has had several cybernetic upgrades throughout his body, particularly his Cybernetic Eye, which he can omit a laser beam from. Another of Kano's special moves is his ability to tuck into a cannonball and propel himself toward his opponents. Kano is also shown to be incredibly strong and powerful, as he can punch through a person body. He is even capable to punching through metal, ripping out vital organs, ripping off someone's head, and even rip out an entire skeleton out of his opponent with his bare hands.
- Kano bears some resemblance to the Terminator and Ed Boon stated that his design was based on the T-800's appearance in Terminator 2, when the Terminator's face skin is peeled off, revealing his mechanical face.
- When he faced the Flash, Kano stated that he would give Kabal a run for his money.
- His fatality in UMK3, where he reached down the opponent's mouth and pulled out their skeleton, was listed number 6 on Screwattacks' list of Top 10 Mortal Kombat Fatalities.
- In the games, Kano was originally intended to be Asian, but Trevor Goddard's portrayal of Kano as Australian in the Mortal Kombat movie was well liked by the developers, who incorporated aspects of it into subsequent games.
- A cyborg heavily based on Kano appeares at the Bad Anon meeting in the Disney film Wreck-It Ralph.
- Kano is also the moniker of a well-known UK grime MC.