If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Pretty boy ain't gonna save ya this time!||„|
|~ Kano to Sonya Blade.|
Kano is the arrogant and crude former leader of the Black Dragon Clan and a villain from the Mortal Kombat series of fighting games. He holds a sick infatuation with Sonya Blade (much to her disgust). He, along with Noob Saibot and Melieena , serve as the quinary antagonists in Mortal Kombat 9, and Kano is a mjor antagonist in Mortal Kombat X.
Kano is a skilled hand-to-hand fighter and displays great prowess with knives, particularly his butterfly knives, relying on them instead of special powers. He can, however, fire a laser out of his cyborg eye and tuck himself into a ball and fly at the opponent. Kano is also shown to be incredibly strong as he can punch through a person body. He is even capable to punching through metal, ripping out vital organs, ripping off someone's head, and even rip out an entire skeleton out of his opponent with his bare hands.
- Kano bears some resemblance to the Terminator and Ed Boon stated that his design was based on the T-800's appearance in Terminator 2, when the Terminator's face skin is peeled off, revealing his mechanical face.
- When he faced the Flash, Kano stated that he would give Kabal a run for his money.
- His fatality in UMK3, where he reached down the opponent's mouth and pulled out their skeleton, was listed number 6 on Screwattacks' list of Top 10 Mortal Kombat Fatalities.
- In the games, Kano was originally intended to be Asian, but Trevor Goddard's portrayal of Kano as Australian in the Mortal Kombat movie was well liked by the developers, who incorporated aspects of it into subsequent games.
- A cyborg heavily based on Kano appeares at the Bad Anon meeting in the Disney film Wreck-It Ralph.
- Kano is also the moniker of a well-known UK grime MC.