Kamakiri is one of the main antagonist in Ginga Densetsu Weed. He allies with Hougen in the takeover of Futago Pass. After Genba's death, however, he develops ambitions of his own. Kamakiri is also the murderer of Hiro's father Yukima and tore out Hiro's right eye when he was a puppy, though he claims he does not remember when Hiro accuses him of it. He ripped off Jerome's left ear in episode 14.
Later on in episode 22, he was defeated by the vengeful Hiro, with his fangs and testicles ripped off. Before Hiro leaves, however, he told Kamakiri to head south where there was a high population of rats - prey easy to catch with no fangs. As Hiro leaves, Kamakiri attempts to bite Hiro on the back, but without his long upper fangs, he immediately loses his grip and slides to the ground crying in pain, despair, and defeat. His dead is later implied and confirmed, as Hougen mentions seeing birds circle the area where he had last been seen.
- Despite his claims about not remembering about his past with Hiro and murdering Hiro's father, Kamakiri states during his last battle with Hiro that he was gonna reunite him with his father, indicating that his previous claims about not remembering his murder of Hiro's father was a lie.
- However, its possible he might have started to remember it sometime after his first encounter with Weed and his pack.
- Kamakiri has many similarities with Scar from The Lion King:
- They are both power hungry villains, they have both sought to lead their packs and has killed their former leaders in order to do so, both of them has killed the father of a protagonist (who was the same leader they killed before) and both of them ended up being defeated by the son of their former leaders, which resulted in their deaths (Simba and Hiro).
- Oddly, his name means "praying mantis" in Japanese.