|This scum Juvia Lockser|
is driving Cruella insane!
IT MUST BE REWRITTEN OR ADDED TO!!
So sayeth the great Lord of Darkness Sauron:
or he will send Darth Vader to terminate you.
|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
Juvia is a young woman with blue hair, dark blue eyes, pale skin and a curvaceous figure. When she was first introduced her hair was tightly curled at the base, and she wore a navy blue coat, a fur shawl with the Teru teru bōzu attached to it as well as a Russian Cossack hat. After she joined Fairy Tail, she cut her long hair and wore more revealing clothing.
However, when she heard Gray Surge had a crush on her Edolas counterpart, she began to wear her old outfit and hairstyle again, except for the Teru teru bōzu which she exchanged for a Fairy Tail emblem. Juvia's Fairy Tail Guild Stamp is above her left thigh.
By the time of the Grand Magic Games, Juvia seems to have let her hair fall freely past her shoulders in a wavy style.
When first introduced, she displayed an emotionless face and seemed more secluded from everyone including members of the Phantom Lord Guild. After joining Fairy Tail, she develops a happy demeanor She is obsessed with Gray Fullbuster and when Meredy threatened him she lost her normally calm demeanor and entered a somewhat satanic appearing state that even frightened Meredy and Erza. Juvia also seems to have a slight masochistic side, wanting Gray to spank her as punishment for a mistake, and saying it's her "hobby" when Gray said it wasn't his.
She cares deeply for Fairy Tail and its members. When she entered Fairy Tail, she isn't feared or hated for her past relationship with Phantom and she has a good relationship with the other members. She is also shy about her body, as she didn't like to shower with other girls. Juvia tends to refer to herself in third person, and often says "drip, drip, drop" due to the rain she used to bring with her.
Prior to Fairy Tail Series, Juvia was born in the year X767, and spent her childhood shunned by the other children for constantly making it rain around her. She took up making teru teru bozu dolls in an attempt to make it stop raining, but it only served to make the other children tease her even more. As she grew older, she would overhear other people commenting on the gloominess of the rain around her, making her feel increasingly depressed. At one point in her life she was in a relationship with Bora, but he broke up with her because he couldn't stand the rain. Eventually, she was accepted into the Phantom Lord Guild, noting that it was the first time anyone had accepted her, and formed a quarter of the guild's elite Mage team: Element 4.
Phantom Lord Arc
The Phantom Lord Guild proclaims war on Fairy Tail by destroying their guildhall and hurting their Shadow Gear team. After the attack, Jose Porla tasks Juvia and Sol with capturing Lucy Heartfilia, the duo found her as she leaves the infirmary where the members of Shadow Gear are being treated. Juvia initially does not recognize Lucy and walks past her after a brief meeting, prompting Sol to identify their target for her. Lucy prepares to fight the two members of the guild that hurt her friends, but Juvia captures her with her Water Lock spell. With their mission complete, Juvia and Sol bring Lucy to their master. Later, during Phantom Lord's attack on Fairy Tail, Juvia is stationed inside the guild's mobile fortress, which has transformed into a giant robot -the Super Mage Giant Phantom MK II- to help cast the forbidden Abyss Break spell. She appears before Gray Fullbuster, who has infiltrated the base in search of a way to stop the robot. Upon laying eyes on him, Juvia becomes attracted to him and is reluctant to fight him, instead asking him to bring Lucy to her to spare herself from having to hurt him. However, Gray refuses, saying he would give up his life to protect her. Juvia immediately misinterprets Gray's resolve and is under the impression that he and Lucy are an item, which prompts her to declare Lucy as her unforgivable rival in love. During the fight that ensues, Gray manages to freeze Juvia's body, but accidentally gropes her breast and unfreezes her in embarrassment. Moved by his apparent kindness, she tries to confess her fondness of him, but instead causes it to rain even harder; Gray thoughtlessly remarks on the gloomy weather. Now thinking Gray to be as uncaring to her as everyone else who has teased her throughout her life, Juvia attacks him in a vengeful fury, but Gray, determined to win, manages to once again freeze her boiling body with his Ice Geyser. The shock of her defeat snaps her out of her anger and depression, causing it to stop raining. For the first time in her life, Juvia is able to see the clear, blue sky, the beauty of which moves her to tears. She then spontaneously falls in love with Gray all over again and, overwhelmed, passes out. Her defeat subsequently slows the casting of the Abyss Break spell, which stops entirely after all four members of Element 4 are defeated. Following Juvia's defeat, Phantom Lord loses the war against Fairy Tail and is consequently disbanded by order of the Magic Council, leaving Juvia as an Independent Mage. However, her obsession with Gray remains, causing her to stalk him and leave him boxed lunches at any given opportunity.
Tower of Heaven Arc
Juvia follows Gray and his friends on a vacation to one of Fairy Tail's most extravagant seaside resorts. She musters up the courage to speak to Gray again, and reveals her intentions to join Fairy Tail now that she is an Independent Mage. As Gray discusses the idea with her, the two are suddenly attacked by Simon, a Dark Mage searching for Erza Scarlet. Juvia defends Gray and tells him to search for Erza, but Simon uses his Shadow Magic to darken the entire room, moving to attack whilst they are momentarily blind. However, Juvia manages to protect Gray by hiding him inside her water body, whilst Gray leaves a clone of himself for Simon to attack. Simon attacks the fake and proceeds to leave, though Juvia notices something off about his actions: because he is a user of Shadow Magic, he would also have the power to see in the dark; he thus wouldn't have been fooled by Gray's Ice Clone, which he had attacked anyway. Determined to verify Simon's motives, Juvia accompanies Team Natsu as they head towards the Tower of Heaven, where Erza and Happy have been taken after being kidnapped by Simon and his allies. She helps the three infiltrate the tower through an underwater passage, giving them her oxygen-filled Water Bubbles for them to breathe with (making Lucy's bubble smaller than Natsu and Gray's as a testament of her hostility towards her), and effortlessly fights off the guards they encounter inside. No sooner do they enter one of the tower's main halls do they run into Erza, who has already freed herself from her captives. Juvia becomes nervous that Erza will object to her joining Fairy Tail as a former member of Phantom Lord, but Erza overlooks her and tells everyone to leave - save Natsu, who runs off to find Happy. When the group refuse however, Erza is talked into revealing her tragic past as a former slave of the Tower of Heaven, and how her former friends, including Simon and Jellal Fernandes, intend to use her as a sacrifice to revive the Dark Mage Zeref. Shortly after Erza finishes her story, the group are approached by Simon, who confirms Juvia's earlier suspicions that he had attacked Gray's Ice Clone on purpose. Saying that his true loyalties lie with Erza and not Jellal, Simon joins the group to help them find Natsu and stop Jellal, as does Shô, another of Erza's former friends. As they ascend the tower, Jellal broadcasts a challenge to defeat him, revealing the presence of three additional challengers, Trinity Raven; he also adds that the Magic Council's ultimate weapon, Etherion, is set to destroy the tower and everyone in it. Shô, seeing Jellal's true colors for the first time, snaps and runs off to kill Jellal by himself, sealing Erza inside a Magic card and taking her with him for her protection. Though Juvia is eager to travel together with Gray, he sends her together with Lucy to search for Natsu while he follows after Erza. Moving together through the tower, Juvia and Lucy encounter Vidaldus Taka, one of the members of Trinity Raven. Immune to his flailing hair attacks, Juvia uses her Water Lock on Vidaldus, but he absorbs it with his hair. Vidaldus then casts Rock of Succubus on her, transforming her into his slave and forcing her to fight Lucy against her will. However, Juvia's true voice reaches out to Lucy during their fight, saying that she doesn't wish to hurt anyone in Fairy Tail, not even her "rival in love;" she has come to love Fairy Tail, but now despairs that she is only bringing them sadness as she has done to many others throughout her life. Moved by her sincerity, Lucy ensures Juvia that she will surely be accepted by Fairy Tail and summons Aquarius inside Juvia's water body, freeing her from Vidaldus' control. Juvia and Lucy grab each other's hands and perform a Unison Raid against Vidaldus; the man tries to absorb Aquarius' water, but ends up being defeated. While resting after their hard-earned victory, Juvia and Lucy put aside their differences and become friends. Juvia and Lucy are both found by Wally Buchanan and Millianna, two of Simon's other friends who have turned against Jellal. They regroup with everyone else and board a small boat to escape the tower while Natsu, Erza, and Simon remain inside to stop Jellal. Etherion fires as they sail away, unleashing a wave of water that destroys the boat, but Juvia rescues everyone with a Water Dome. The group worry about their friends inside the tower who were hit by Etherion, but are shocked to see that the attack does not destroy the tower; rather, it is absorbed by the Lacrima hidden inside. Juvia and the others watch from afar as Natsu defeats Jellal and destroys the tower, and joyfully embrace him and Erza as they escape safe and sound; however, they are saddened to hear that Simon lost his life protecting the two from Jellal. As Natsu, Lucy, Gray, Erza, and Team Jellal return to the resort to recover from the event, Juvia goes to the newly renovated Fairy Tail guildhall to meet with the guild's master, Makarov Dreyar, now prepared to ask him for guild membership.
Magic and Abilities
Water (水流(ウ ォ ー タ ー) Wōtā): Juvia is an extremely skilled user of Water, which allows her to produce, control, and manipulate water. She can use the water in a variety of different ways, such as producing blades of water that can even slice through solid rock and metal (and potentially even use this technique to kill even if she has never been shown), creating boiling beams forming waves of tremendous destructive power and force to damage her opponents, or even trapping opponents in mini-prisons made of her water. Juvia also has the ability to turn into water, seemingly without thought, thus allowing both physical and magical attacks to pass through her without harming her.
- Water Body: Juvia has the ability to transform her body into a mass of water, which can render any physical assault ineffective. This spell appears to be constant, as seen when Gray Fullbuster used Ice Lance, the attack simply phased through Juvia's body without her making any move to protect herself.
- Water Bubbles: Juvia has the ability to create bubbles of water which can be used as containers that stores oxygen. This can be worn by different users and the bubble size is modified according to Juvia's will. It can be used during long-term, undersea travels, which requires a great supply of oxygen. Juvia utilized this spell for Team Natsu when they had to infiltrate the Tower of Heaven by underwater travel.
- Water Slicer (水流斬破 Wōtā Suraisā): Juvia creates a single wave of multiple blades that resemble scythes which may be used as projectiles. The enormous pressure emitting from the blades is strong enough to cut through whatever they may encounter, as seen when Juvia attempted to attack Gray, but instead sliced a stone pillar to pieces.
- Water Cane (水流烈鞭 Wōtā Kāne): Juvia creates a whip-like structure made of water, usually being an extension of her own hand. It has a tremendous range and is often used as a long-distance attack against a single opponent. It can attack with great speed, flexibility and pressure, and seems to be used like a whip.
- Water Dome (ウォータードーム Wōtā Dōmu): Juvia creates a large dome made of water that camouflages with the ocean. The size can be modified for individual use or to contain a group, and the structure is able to float on water.
- Water Jigsaw (水流激鋸 Wōtā Jigusō): Juvia may transform her body into a rapidly spinning cone, which is surrounded by a swirling mass of blades. The blade's properties resemble Water Slicer. It is a short-ranged attack directed against a single opponent. Juvia, while under Vidaldus Taka's influence, utilized this spell while fighting Lucy.
- Water Lock (水流拘束 Wōtā Rokku): Juvia has the ability to materialize a large circular mass of water, and unlike the Water Dome, it contains no oxygen inside. This spell is used to capture enemies and incapacitate them by suffocation. It was believed to be inescapable until Gray Fullbuster employed his own Magic to freeze the entire structure and escape successfully by shattering the frozen mass of water.
- Water Nebula (水流昇霞 Wōtā Nebura): Juvia creates two columns of water, which rotate around each other and forms a helix that pushes the opponent with huge force, causing massive damage. It is used primarily for long distance attacks against a single opponent.
- Sierra (シエラァ Shierā): A full body transformation resembling Water Body, used by Juvia in a state of strong agitation or other influencing emotion (e.g. jealousy or rage). Her strong emotions cause her full body transformation to heat up/boil, this being to a temperature which Gray Fullbuster was unable to freeze at first. This is a short ranged attack which displays enormous, unpredictable speed.
- Water Cyclone (水流台風 Wōtā Saikuron): Juvia casts a whirling torrent of water which resembles a cyclone. Juvia utilized this spell during Naval Battle and appeared to be strong enough to match an attack by Aquarius, one of Lucy's strongest Celestial Spirits. In the OVA 8 of the anime, she can also use it to invoke the underground water herself and completely flood a forest.
- Wings of Love (届け!!!! 愛の翼!!!! グレイ様ラブ!!!! Todoke! ! ! ! Ai no tsubasa! ! ! ! Gurei-sama rabu! ! ! !): Juvia creates a vicious whirlpool which pushes the opponent away with great force. Juvia acquired this spell after her Second Origin has released, which she utilized in the Naval Battle event to eliminate most of the competitors.
- Water Claw (水流双牙 Wōtā Kurō): Juvia slashes her water-covered hands, creating a torrent of water that engulfs her target.
- Maguilty Water (マギルティ＝ウォーター Magiruti Wōtā): Combined with a Maguilty Sense user, Juvia combines their powers together for a more powerful and destructive attack. With the enhanced power from a Sensory Link, the users merge their Magic and release it in a combined array of materialized sensory blades and swirling waves of water.
Water-Make (水造形 Wōtā Meiku): a form of Molding Magic that lets Juvia create, or at the very least manipulate existing water. The scope of usage is not limited to just pure water, but also to things that contain it in large quantities, such as blood.
- Water-Make: Blood (〝血〟Buraddo): Learned and perfected in secrecy, this spell allows Juvia to transfer her own blood into another body, replenishing it and thus preventing unfortunate events such as death from loss of blood. Other possible uses of this magic are unknown.
Unison Raid (合体魔法 Yunizon Reido): Juvia possesses the uncommon ability to perform a Unison Raid, which allows two Mages to fuse their Magic together. She performed it with Lucy after the latter summoned Aquarius, allowing them to perform a powerful charging attack. She has also performed it with Gray in the anime adaptation, causing pillars of water to rise into the air (on the whole scale of a city like Magnolia), which freeze and send needles of ice raining down on their opponents.
Conjuring Rain: Ever since her younger years, Juvia has had the ability to conjure rain, although she has no control over it, the rain appearing to merely be dictated by her emotional state and, depending on it, is able to cover a small area (like the battlefield in which she fought Gray) until to an entire city or island (like Tenroujima).
- Increased Magic Power: Rain helps increase the destructive power of Juvia as well as providing almost infinite quantities of water to be manipulated.
Breathing Underwater: Juvia has the ability to breathe underwater, as seen during the infiltration of the Tower of Heaven with Natsu, Gray and Lucy.
Enhanced Speed: Juvia, especially when using her water body, is able to move at an incredible speed that can barely be followed with the human eye.
Enhanced Agility: Juvia has proved to be able to perform superhuman jumps. As well as to dodge many of the attacks Keyes converged against her. When fully utilizing its water body, it is also possible to climb, if necessary, through several projections, many kilometers of height.
Expert Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Even if she is not physically strong and able to body-to-body combat like most of her guild companions, Juvia is able to use her body of water to greatly improve all of her physical performance. During the fight against Gray and that with Lucy, she used her body against both in various ways (for example, suck them inside of her to drag and / or turn her arms into a whip of water). During the fight with Meredy, the latter barely managed to confront her, and was seriously injured when a remarkably powerful Juvia's water punch made her crush over the rock.
Keen Intellect: Through the Tower of Heaven Arc., Juvia has shown remarkable intelligence over the average, suggesting Team Natsu to infiltrate the tower by exploiting underwater galleries. She also showed some magic knowledge of Simon Mikazuchi's Darkness Magic and revealed that she had followed Team Natsu in their rescue mission because she had realized that Simon had spared her and Gray consciously and wanted to understand his intentions. Finally, when confronted with Keyes during the war against Tartaros, she once again proved to be a rather pragmatic fighter, allowing him to voluntarily absorb her in the water form, leaving him to believe he has won and then destroys him from within.
Immense Magic Power: As a former S-Class Mage and one of Phantom Lord's Element Four, Juvia possesses a great quantity of Magic Power, on par with an S-Class level Mage of Natsu, Gray and Gajeel's caliber. Her level of magic energy easily makes her one of the eight to participate in the S-Class Trials. Her power is amplified when she channels her emotions (for example, anger or sadness) into a flow of pure magical strength that enables her to overwhelm easily even the strongest opponents like Meredy, one of the Seven Kin of Purgatory, with Erza stating that is "her true power". Her Magic Power is blue marine when exerted.