Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||He was capable of being so kind to the children, to have them become fond of him, to bring them sugar, to think of small details in their daily lives, and to do things we would genuinely admire ... And then, next to that, ... the crematoria smoke, and these children, tomorrow or in a half-hour, he is going to send them there. Well, that is where the anomaly lay.||„|
|~ Quote concerning the real Mengele (Who inspired all the characters mentioned on this page)|
Josef Mengele was one of the most brutal Nazis involved in the Holocaust and his infamous obsession with human experimentation and the torture of children has earned him the revulsion and fascination of many, as such he is amongst the most commonly depicted Nazi in fiction (alongside Adolf Hitler and Heinrich Himmler).
Legends surrounding the real Mengele
(Note: since this wiki deals with fiction we will try not to go in-depth on the real Mengele, however the following are a sample of (in)famous legends surrounding Mengele and his work)
Josef Mengele was said to have a fascination with twins and the "nature versus genetics" debate - legends have him committing such atrocities as sewing two twins back to back in order to create conjoined-twins, boiling dwarfs alive so as to display their skeletons and injecting children with diseases, poison and drugs (he was also said to have a fascination with mutilating eyes).
According to one account Mengele personally murdered over 12 children in one sitting during one particularly zealous bout of "inspiration" and he was said to gain the trust of many of his "patients" via giving them candy, ordering relatively clean quarters and regular meals.
Mengele was also infamous for sending "patients" to the gas-chambers if they did not recover within 2 weeks, he would often kill his younger "patients" after experiments and legends persist of Mengele forcing cannibalism, necrophilia and countless other horrors on his victims.
Depictions in Fiction
- Josef Mengele is depicted in The Boys from Brazil as the main antagonist.
- Josef Mengele is also likely the inspiration for the following fictional villains, most likely mad scientists:
- Mister Sinister (a recurring enemy of the X-Men and perhaps one of the more obvious villains to be inspired by Mengele, his obsession with obtaining mutant genes and his willingness to employ unspeakable criminal methods to do so are all traits found in Mengele)
- Dark Beast (a recurring enemy of the X-Men, as a perversion of Beast's kind intelligence he likely embodies the unethical and sadistic nature Mengele was famous for)
- Dr. Anton Sevarius (a recurring enemy of the Gargoyles, his obsession with creating "monsters" is likely inspired by Mengele's infamously unscientific methods - that many consider "mad")
- Crow (Guilty Gear) (a villain from the Guilty Gear franchise, whose traits mirrors that of Mengele, particularly his maniacal & sadistic obsession with Gears (especially Dizzy) & the supernatural & commiting genocide within his own people, as well as experimenting most of them)
- Gold Toothed Doctor (a minor antagonist from the anime Fullmetal Alchemist, for his obsession with the Philosopher's Stone & immortality)
- Mayuri Kurotsuchi (one of the Gotei 13 captains & villain from the anime Bleach, particularly his crazed obsession with experimenting almost everyone, including himself, especially Quincies & Arrancars & notably how he prefers to torture his victims alive much like Mengele does.)
- Szayel Aporro Granz (Mayuri's Espada counterpart who also plays a similar remniscense of Mengele)
- Orochimaru (in the first half of Naruto series, most likely his obsession with jutsus & experimenting of various shinobi clan members regardless of age, which Mengele has)
- Bertron& some of their allies.
- Josef Heiter from The Human Centipede is based off of Mengele, as he is a Nazi and creates Conjoined twins.
- Bertron by superman for sure is ispirated by josef both are using children for cruel experiment.