Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||This is the detonator for a nuclear bomb located in the heart of that city. I let go and seven million people die. (...) Shoot me then. I wonder if you would be such a tough mercenary with the blood of seven million lives on your hands. (...) Have you noticed how people have been behaving in this society that we live in. Animals. All of them. Take away the shell of government, these laws, and people are nothing more than beasts. Completely selfish and infinitely ignorant. (...) I'm talking about honor. Sacrifice. Something you would know nothing about. I release this trigger and seven million people die. Unless I give the order, my men continue to execute civilians. You have no power. But if one of you is willing to show me sacrifice, I will order my men to pull out. We will leave and I will disarm this bomb. (...) If one of you has the will to shoot the other, sacrifice your partner for the great or good, I will do as I said. Kill your partner, kill your friend, and all this ends. (...) You have ten seconds, ten seconds or I make the decision for you.||„|
|~ Jonah Wade to Salem and Rios|
Jonah is the leader of the 40th Day Initiative and takes over Shanghai with the help of his army. His reasoning for launching his attack on Shanghai is to prove that without any formal government to supervise them, people are nothing more than animals who are heartless and greedy.
He even sets up a nuclear bomb within Shanghai in his attempt to get one of the duo to kill each other to show Jonah sacrifice. Jonah hides in a small room where he has a detonator for the bomb and is protected by several of his soldiers. Jonah's men is ordered to execute and/or take civilians hostage, as well as having the destruction of various buildings around Shanghai.
After Salem and Rios kill the soldiers guarding Jonah, they hold him at gunpoint and is forced to listen to what he says in order to make the ultimate choice. Jonah threaten's he'll destroy Shanghai entirely with a nuclear bomb he set up if the duo don't kill each other and if they succeed in one of them dying, he'll disarm the bomb and he alongside his military forces will leave.
On the "Kill Partner" choice, the player will shoot to kill his partner. Then they will hold Jonah at gunpoint and in anger to say to give the order. Wade then throws the trigger in the air and will attempt to kill the player with his handgun, the player will quickly avoid gunfire and kill Jonah in self defence. Shanghai is saved and the player will apologise to their partner, upset.
On the "Kill Jonah" choice, the player will shoot Jonah which will simply make him fall down in extreme pain and drop the trigger. In Jonah's attempt to retrieve the trigger, the player will shoot Jonah in the head to kill him. The duo then wonder if Jonah had plans to attack other cities.
Fortieth Day Iniative
The Fortieth Day Iniative (FDI) is Jonah's private army. They hold many equipment and weapons as well as thousands working within the army. They are to execute civilians all around Shanghai as well as take some hostage.
- Grunt: The average soldier within the army. They are inaccurate, cowardly and are easily killed. They pose the greatest threat when in larger numbers. They also appear to be at a rank of Private.
- Elite: Like Grunts, Elites can be easily killed but are slightly tougher as they wear stronger armour and sometimes carry Shotguns. They have the rank of Corporal and are the leaders of Grunts.
- Shotgun Heavy: An armoured soldier who's head is exposed and carries the R870. To be killed, the player must shoot them in the head. First encountered in Shanghai Streets.
- Gatling Superheavy: An armoured soldier who is fully armoured and carries the GAU-19.50 Calibre Gatling Gun. To be killed, the player must shoot at the ammo pack on his back. It is first encountered on Case of Fire.
- Grenadier Superheavy: An armoured soldier who is fully armoured and carries the Milkor MGL. To be killed, the player must shoot the grenade packs around his waist. First encountered at the Zoo.
- Flame Superheavy: An armoured soldier who is fully armoured and carries the Flamethrower. To kill him, the player must shoot at his gas tank. It is first encountered at the Hospital.