|“||I don't know when; I don't know how; but some day, far in the future, when you're least expecting it... we WILL get our revenge.||„|
|~ Jesse threatening Aiden.|
|“|| Jesse: No way... I meant exactly what I said.|
Petra: Yeah, well, so did I.
|~ Jesse and Petra arguing about thier decisions.|
|“|| I say we take whatever we want! |
"Jesse, come on."
What, he stole from us! We should be able to steal from him and not feel bad about it!
|~ Jesse and Petra regarding stealing from Ivor|
Jesse is the playable main protagonist of the videogame Minecraft: Story Mode developed by Telltale Games, whose gender and look is chosen by the player. The male version is voiced by Patton Oswalt (voice of Remy from Ratatouille), and the female version is voiced by Catherine Taber (voice of Padmé Amidala from Star Wars: The Clone Wars).
Depending on the player's choices, Jesse can be portrayed as a generally kind, caring, and loyal friend, or as a selfish, rude and even greedy person who will do anything to get what he/she wants, like the Eversource.
Jesse's appearance and gender can be customised by the Player. Male Jesse wears a shirt and pants held up by suspenders, and female Jesse wears a T-shirt with overalls.
Jesse's personality depends mostly on the Player's choices. He/she can be a Pure of Heart at best or an Anti-villain at worst.
Depending on what the player chooses, Jesse can have a very a snarky and rude attitude. He/she can also be harsh towards anybody, even his/her friends And even his/her own pet pig, Reuben. In Episode 5 however, Jesse may grow more selfish and greedy in his/her quest to find the Eversource and can even become more ruthless and hostile towards anyone who gets in his/her way. Jesse can also show that he/she is also capable of letting others die without showing any remorse. Jesse can also show no concern for the safety of his/her friends and can accuse someone for a crime with little to no evidence, even if they are innocent. He/she can also argue with his/her friends if they disagree with him/her or question his/her leadership.
Jesse can show immense hostility towards Lukas and Ivor. He/she may have trouble trusting Lukas and will sometimes get into arguments with him. Jesse also, understandably has trust issues with Ivor, presumably because he created the Wither Storm and scammed Petra on a deal.
Regardless of the player's choices however, Jesse does truly care for his/her friends, even if he/she chooses not to show it, as shown when he/she is visibly upset when Reuben dies, is shocked speechless if Aiden pushes Lukas off the edge of Sky City, is clearly horrified when his/her friends are presumably killed in the White Pumpkin's trap and when Lukas and Petra/Ivor are seemingly killed by Nell, Jesse is enraged and brutally attacks her, not knowing that they respawned. Also regardless of the player's choices, both Olivia and Axel consider Jesse as their best friend. Olivia mentions in Episode 1 that Jesse takes Reuben with him/her everywhere he/she goes, suggesting a strong bond.
At first, Jesse lived in a treehouse with his/her pet pig, Reuben, and was preparing for the Endercon Building Competition with his/her friends Axel and Olivia. He/she is also close friends with Petra. After Ivor creates a Wither Storm, Jesse, his/her friends (minus Petra) and Lukas manage to escape and go on a quest to find the rest of the Order of the Stone and destroy the Wither Storm. After destroying the Wither Storm, Jesse, along with his/her friends, become The New Order of the Stone and after discovering an enchanted flint and steel, he/she, along with Petra, Lukas and Ivor travel through different portals to different worlds whilst trying to get back to their own world.
The Order of the Stone
Jesse is first seen practicing fighting mobs with his/her wooden sword, beating up his stand. Meanwhile, at the same time, Olivia asks him/her if he would rather fight a hundred chicken-sized zombies or ten zombie-sized chickens, and Jesse can choose either option. If he/she says, "Huh?" or doesn't say anything at all, Olivia will tell him/her that it's a dumb question, and tell him/her to forget it. In seconds later, they talk about his/her pet pig, Reuben, who pushes the stand closer to Jesse. He/she tells Olivia that Reuben is coming with them. However, Olivia also talks about being worried about being called a loser, and Jesse can either insult her, say nothing, or try to make her feel better.
However, Axel interrupts Jesse and Olivia's conversation by hissing, and then scares the both of them by quickly bursting out of the trapdoor, and saying, "Boom!" As a result, Reuben pushes him, and Jesse gets mad at him for being so rude, regardless of the choice that he/she makes. Later, as the three prepare for the Endercon Building Competition, Axel reveals that he made a costume for Reuben, and puts it on him. Jesse can express his opinions on his costume, or say nothing. If he/she says Reuben's costume looks awesome, Axel will reveal it took 1,000,000 hours to build it. After that, Olivia and Axel climb down the ladder and tell Jesse that they will meet him/her outside the treehouse.
Before Jesse sees Axel and Olivia outside, he/she has the choice to get materials and/or talk to Reuben. Jesse and Reuben leave the treehouse and catch up with Axel and Olivia, who are waiting at the bottom. As they leave their treehouse behind for the Building Competition, Jesse, Axel, and Olivia talk about it and give out their opinions, with Reuben walking with them. They then decide to get more materials. Jesse also does exercises. After that, he/she, Axel, Reuben, and Olivia give a high-five and jump up into the air.
As they get closer to the Endercon Building Competition, Olivia gives positive reviews, but someone walks by and calls her, Jesse, and Axel, "losers". They finally make it, but they see the Ocelots, consisting of Lukas, Aiden, Maya, and Gill. Aiden calls Jesse's Gang, "the Order of the Losers", and Maya and Gill laugh at them, but Lukas tells them that they need to leave the area, and the Ocelots leave, but not without Aiden grinning at Jesse's Gang. Meanwhile, the Announcer asks Jesse's Gang what their team name is, and either Jesse or the Announcer decides. Nevertheless, the Announcer tells them to go to Booth 5, and they do so. Jesse has the option of looking around before catching up with the rest of the gang.
Meanwhile, Axel and Olivia see that the Ocelots are building a Rainbow Beacon, and worry that they will lose the builder competition. After that, Aiden, Maya, and Gill come to Jesse's Gang to make fun of them, and Aiden calls Reuben, "food". However, Lukas, their leader, follows them, and knowing that being rude to Jesse's Gang isn't fair and that they got work to do, tells them to stop teasing them, and that they need to prepare for the Endercon Building Competition. Right after that, Jesse sees Petra, and Lukas thanks her for giving him a Nether Star. Petra then says to Jesse's Gang and Lukas that for the right place, she'll help anyone. Then, Lukas and Jesse have a little conversation. Soon after, the Announcer announces the Endercon Building Competition, and that the winners will have their build featured at Endercon, and be able to meet Gabriel the Warrior in person. Jesse's Gang then sees that the Ocelots are doing a handshake, so their leader, Jesse, decides to make one up, and can decide on what the handshake will be called. If he/she doesn't choose the name of the handshake, Jesse will say that handshakes are for dweebs, anyway. Regardless of the choice that he/she makes, Olivia gets nervous again, but Jesse says that if they work together, everything will be fine. Then, the Announcer announces that the Endercon Building Competition is beginning immediately.
Jesse, Olivia, and Axel build a fireworks dispenser, and Aiden gets rude again. However, Jesse tells him to worry about his build. Then, he/she, Olivia, and Axel build either the statue of a Creeper, an Enderman, or a Zombie, and everybody looks at their build over everyone else's. After that, Aiden gets mad, stating that their Creeper/Enderman/Zombie is just a bunch of dyed wool, and decides to cheat on them by breaking a block from somebody else's build, which has lava (vandalism). Reuben's costume gets on fire as a result of the lava, and Aiden backs off. Jesse can either decide to tell his/her gang to help him/her find Reuben, or tell them to save the build as he/she tries to find Reuben alone.
As soon as Jesse runs off into the woods, he/she starts calling Reuben. However, if he/she made Olivia and Axel come with him, he/she will tell them to split up. While looking for Reuben, Jesse sees Reuben's Ender Dragon costume, with smoke trailing up from it. He/she either stepped on it to make the fire go out, or backed up. Eventually, Jesse is able to find Reuben, but they are both attacked by a horde of Hostile Mobs. He/she attempted to kill 3 Zombies, but more kept coming. While he/she and Reuben are cornered, Jesse can either tell him to stay with him/her so he/she can protect him, or tell him to run away so he won't be hurt by any more Hostile Mobs. However, a Spider lands on him/her, but Petra shows up again and kills it. Jesse, Petra, and determinantly Reuben run away together from the horde of Hostile Mobs.
In a cave, Petra reveals to Jesse that she wanted to show him/her something. She took out a Wither Skeleton skull out of her pocket to Jesse (meaning that she killed a Wither Skeleton), and revealed that he/she was the first person she showed it to. She then also revealed that she is meeting up with a guy at Endercon (which later turns out to be Ivor), and says that he's going to trade her a diamond for the skull. Jesse gives out positive reviews about Petra's journey in the Nether. Petra then suggests to Jesse that he/she can come with her, and then showed a Crafting Table to him/her. Petra then taught Jesse on how to make his/her own sword, and Jesse was able to do it.
Jesse, Petra, and determinantly Reuben then walk out of the cave through a tunnel and onto a bridge, and see that Endercon's all lit up. They also either see that either the Ocelots or Jesse's Gang won the Endercon Building Competition. Petra then suggests that Jesse gets along with Lukas. They then talk about each other as a team. However, more Hostile Mobs appear, and Jesse and Petra try to make a decision. Jesse can decide on fighting the mobs or jumping off the bridge into the river below. If Jesse doesn't decide, Petra decides that they jump. Even if Jesse chooses to fight the Hostile Mobs, he/she and Petra find out that there's too many. Jesse, Petra, and determinantly Reuben then jump off the bridge into the river. Along the way, Petra hits a bat that is in her way. They land into the water, and swim to shore.
Jesse, Petra, and determinantly Reuben, finally reach Endercon together. If Jesse told Reuben to run off, then he would be separated from him/her and Petra, and Jesse would ask Petra to let him/her know if he/she seen Reuben anywhere. Then, Jesse and Petra talk about the deal, and Petra asks him/her to let her do the talking. They then see Axel and Olivia, and Jesse talks about seeing Petra while looking for Reuben. If he/she had protected him, Reuben will be with Jesse and Petra, and Olivia will ask him/her what happened to Reuben's eye. Jesse would then reveal that a Zombie whacked him. If he/she told Reuben to run, Olivia gives him/her some hope, that he will show up sooner or later. Jesse would then reveal that he/she and Reuben were attacked by a Zombie hoard, and that he/she told him to run because it was for his own good. Axel and Olivia then either reveal that they won the Endercon Building Competition, or they lost it. Petra reminds Jesse about the deal, and Axel and Olivia tell Jesse are going into Endercon anyway, and that they'll see him/her when he/she gets there. They then leave, and Petra tells Jesse to hurry.
Jesse and Petra (and determinantly Reuben) then walk into an alley, and Petra thinks that maybe the guy she will make the trade with (Ivor) is late. Petra then tells him/her to stay there while she looks around, and then gives Jesse the advice that if he shows up while she's gone, then he/she should stall for her. Then, she leaves, and Jesse walks over to a chest. Then, Jesse meets Ivor, who surprises him/her. Ivor asks Jesse who he/she is, and then asks him/her why he shouldn't just leave. Then, Ivor asks Jesse if he/she has the skull he wants. Jesse then has the option to tell Ivor that Petra has the skull, and Ivor and Jesse would wait for her. If Jesse chooses otherwise (lying, telling him to calm down, or saying nothing), Ivor would tell him/her hat he's not wasting any more time with him/her, and would be about to leave. Then, Petra shows up, and gives him the skull. Ivor says that she earned the diamond for giving him the skull. However, she got lapis lauzil instead, and it turns out that Ivor's deal was a scam all along, and because of this, Jesse and Petra decide to go after him.
However, they run out of the alley, and Ivor is nowhere to be seen. Petra decides that she and Jesse have to find Ivor again. Jesse runs to an area at Endercon, and has the task of finding Ivor. He/she also has the option to look around, and can also talk to Lukas and even Axel along the way. Then, Jesse finds someone he/she thinks is Ivor (but it's actually someone else, a woman named Ivy who owns the Slime Booth at Endercon). Jesse walks to the person, but Aiden shows up and blocks his/her way, making fun of his/her gang by calling them, "Team Trashbag", and taunts him/her even more. Because of Aiden's annoyance, Jesse angrily pushes him out of the way. Jesse then reaches the person, but realizes it's not Ivor when the person turns around. The person, whose name is Ivy, angrily tells Jesse to get away from her. Then, Jesse hears a squeal from Reuben, who was recently captured by Otis the Butcher, and walks over to him. Otis either reveals that he found Reuben alone on the streets, or in the woods, depending on Jesse's choice earlier in the game. He later offers a trade with Jesse, but Reuben is able to escape, regardless of Jesse's choice. Then, they walk to Olivia.
Jesse reveals what has happened with him/her and Petra, that they saw Ivor, who cheated both of them on a deal, and now they're trying to track him down, and asks her if she's in. As it turns out, Olivia agrees with Jesse. Petra runs to Jesse and Olivia, and asks Jesse if he/she saw Ivor. Jesse then reveals that he/she thought he/she saw him, but it was just a false alarm (Ivy). Right then and there, Jesse is able to spot Ivor, who wickedly grins at him/her, thinking that he's heading towards the Hall. Jesse then sees the Usher, whose name is also Reuben (but this is not found out until Episode 8), and he/she, his/her gang, and Petra rush up to him. Petra asks him what it would take to get inside the Hall. The usher (the other Reuben) answers that they need tickets. Jesse then sees the Usher being afraid because a chicken jumped in front of him.
Knowing that they don't have any tickets, Jesse and the others rush back, and the group makes a plan to break the Chicken Guy's chicken machine to distract the Usher to get inside, since Jesse knows that the Usher is afraid of chickens because of what he/she saw earlier. Olivia then points out that they need to break the pane of glass to create the distraction. Petra then suggests that the group needs to find something they can do about the situation. Jesse then figures out he/she needs a slime block to break the glass panes, because they are so high up. He/she then finds Ivy again, and asks her to give him/her a slime block. However, Ivy reveals that she only gives out slime balls, and that she has a limited supply, so she is only giving out 2 per customer. However, she reveals that he/she can create a slime block with 9 slime balls. Soon, Axel, Olivia, and Petra arrive at the scene, and they got 8 slime balls, but Jesse point out that they need 1 more to create a slime block.
Jesse then finds Lukas, and tells him that he/she needs a slime ball. Lukas agrees to give Jesse the slime ball, and he/she decides to craft a slime block to create a distraction for the Usher (the other Reuben) so he/she and the group an get inside the Hall. He/she succeeds in doing so, but decides not to take it because he/she thinks it's gross, so Olivia takes it, and places it in the right spot. With the help of Axel, Jesse is able to climb on one of the builds in Endercon. From there, he/she lands on the slime block, and punches the glass panes. Chickens come flying out, and start pecking at the Usher Reuben. Jesse and the rest of the group are able to reach the Hall, but Usher Reuben tries to stop them; however, he is attacked by another (or one of the same) chicken.
Once they're in the Hall, Jesse notices that Ivor opened a door that leads to his hideout. Lukas asks Jesse what to do once they get inside. Jesse can tell Lukas that they politely ask for what's theirs, they do whatever they have to, or they get a little payback. The gang then enters the lair, and peek inside. They don't see Ivor anywhere, so Petra says that Ivor must have gone out another way. Axel suggests that the group steals from Ivor. Petra disagrees, but Jesse can choose to agree with Axel, or disagree, either by telling him that he should focus on finding the skull, or that Ivor can come back any minute, and that there's no time for looting. He/she then says that the faster they can find what they're looking for, the faster they can get outta there. The group then splits up. Jesse then sees Petra, who find a golden sword in a chest. If Jesse gave his/her stone sword to Otis earlier, Petra will give him/her the golden sword. Jesse then shows Axel a fancy potion on a table. Axel then hells him/her about how he wants the potion. Jesse can choose to say that the potion is his/hers to keep, that Axel can have the potion, tell him to find the skull, or say nothing at all. Jesse then sees lever, and uses it.
When the door opens, Jesse notices soul sand around a strange block. He/she then opens the chest below it, and finds 3 Wither skulls. Lukas then says the recipe for a Wither, which is one of the worst monsters there is. Petra suggests that the group should just grab the skull, and leave. However, Ivor shows up, and everyone hides from him. However, Olivia accidentally knocked a potion off the counter, and Ivor finds her. As he is about to grab her, Jesse can warn Olivia, yell at Ivor, call him a jerk, or say nothing. If he/she says nothing, Ivor succeeds at gabbing Olivia by the shirt. Regardless of Jesse's choice, Petra will tell Ivor to leave either Jesse or Olivia alone. Later, Ivor spawns an Iron Golem with 3 Iron blocks, and 1 pumpkin head. Everyone in the group but Lukas is able to leave, while Ivor stays behind.
Once the group comes inside the Hall, two people named Owen and Lydia announce to the audience that Gabriel the Warrior will be on the stage. The group discovers that Lukas is not with them, and that he is still in Ivor's lair. Petra points out that Ivor has an Iron Golem and the ingredients to make a Wither. Olivia suggests that the group asks for help from Gabriel. Jesse can choose to get Lukas by himself and have the rest of the group alert Gabriel, or they can all go together. If Jesse chose to save Lukas, he/she and Reuben will enter the lair, and see the Iron Golem and try to hide. Lukas sees Jesse, but the Iron Golem is in front of Jesse, and tries to whack him/her. As the Golem confronts Jesse, Lukas alerts it, and it goes looking around. Jesse asks Lukas if he's okay, and they have a brief conversation. Then, Jesse grabs a potion bottle, and throws it. This distracts the Iron Golem, and Jesse, Lukas, and Reuben are able to leave. As they escape, Lukas thanks Jesse for saving him.
The Order of the Stone
- Insulted Olivia by telling her that she can be anything but a winner.
- Told Axel that being pushed by Reuben is what he gets for scaring him/her. (This is debatable, as it was very rude of Axel to scare Jesse by bursting out of the trap door with a Creeper mask on.)
- Told Aiden to shut up. (Debatable, as Aiden was being quite rude, making fun of Jesse and friends and even calling Reuben "food".)
- Made his/her friends come with him to find Reuben instead of letting them protect the build, resulting the gang to lose. (Although Olivia and Axel seemed to prefer protecting their build instead helping Jesse find Reuben)
- Harshly scolded Reuben for running off after his Ender Dragon costume is set on fire, even though it wasn't Reuben's fault.
- Let Reuben run away from mobs allowing him to get lost again and kidnapped by Otis the Butcher instead of trying to protect him. (Debatable, as Jesse was trying to keep Reuben safe either way, and the latter will also get a black eye from being hit by a zombie if Jesse keeps him with him/her)
- Refused Petra's advice on getting along with Lukas.
- Chose to tell Petra that the only way off the bridge is through the Hostile Mobs.
- Lied to Ivor that he/she has the skull.
- Threatened Aiden by telling him that he/she will get revenge on him.
- Did not do anything to save Reuben from Otis the Butcher, causing Reuben to beat up Otis by himself to save himself.
- Told his/her gang that they should get a little payback on Ivor.
- Agreed with Axel on getting payback on Ivor by stealing something from him.
- Took Ivor's potion for himself/herself.
- Warned Gabriel instead of going back to the basement to find Lukas. (Debatable, as Jesse is still trying to help Lukas either way.)
- Blamed Lukas for Petra not escaping the Wither Storm.
- Punched Ivor for his misdeeds.
- Said to Ivor that Petra is in trouble because of him, and that he/she and his/her gang are trapped in the Nether because of him. (Debatable, as while this is mean, it is true, at least to an extent.)
- Did not give Lukas his/her cookie. (Debatable, as Lukas said he didn't need the cookie.)
- Let Lukas leave the shelter. (This can be debated, as Lukas will have to face the consequences for leaving the shelter.)
- Launched Reuben in the Cow-A-Pult. (Redstonia)
- Insulted Olivia by telling her that she's just as good as the other engineers. (Redstonia)
- Stole a repeater from the Disco Mickey, causing the deaths of several cows. (Redstonia)
- Did not help Ellegaard build a command block. (Redstonia)
- Was mean to the other Griefers by telling them to back off. (Boom Town)
- Kept the amulet whilst Axel distracted the griefers. (Boom Town)
- Insulted Magnus by telling him that he and Axel will find Ellegard instead. (Boom Town)
- Got mad at Magnus after he threw TNT back at him by telling Magnus that he did a bad throw. (Boom Town)
- Told Axel/Olivia that this isn't his/her fight. (Debatable, as Jesse may have wanted to make sure Axel/Olivia didn't get in trouble with the Order.)
- Decides to go out to find Soren the Architect's fortress during the day according to Ellegaard/Magnus's plan because hostile mobs spawn at night. (Although the Wither Storm might catch up to Jesse and the Order of the Stone if they stay at night.)
- Talked bad about Axel/Olivia to Magnus/Ellegard.
- Told his gang to forget about Magnus and Ellegaard. (Although they did abandon the group after an argument)
- Did not try to convince Petra/Gabriel to let Ivor go. (Debatable, as for all Jesse knew, if Ivor escaped, he could possibly cause more trouble.)
The Last Place You Look
- Told his/her gang that they don't need Magnus or Ellegaard.
- Chose to go after the amulet, and had Lukas save Axel and Reuben. (This is debatable, as Jesse is trying to help Reuben and Axel either way.)
- Told Lukas to stay away from Reuben, despite Lukas comforting Reuben. (Saved the amulet)
- Led his/her friends through The End instead of giving Lukas a chance.
- Does not keep Gabriel/Petra's secret by sharing it with Lukas. (Although, like Gabriel/Petra said, it could make it worse.)
- Did not high-five Reuben.
- Didn't become friends with Soren.
- Showed no concerns for Magnus or Ellegard.
- Chose not to promise to a dying Magnus/Ellegaard to save all the survivors.
A Block and a Hard Place
- Let Lukas leave to go find his friends on bad terms.
- Ate all the potatoes as soon he/she found them instead of sharing with his/her hungry teammates.
- Does not go into the Witch's hut to get the cake in order to feed his/her gang, and/or the Potion of Leaping to defend himself. (This is debatable, as while Jesse and his/her friends needed a cake because they were very hungry, and Jesse might need the Potion of Leaping to escape danger, these items were inside a witch hut and thus, taking the cake or the Potion of Leaping would be stealing.)
- Decided to explore the maze instead of finding another way.
- Said that Ivor is stupid.
- Called Ivor a madman, despite learning that his Wither plan backfired. (Although there where probably better and easier ways to expose the Order.)
- Did not comfort Reuben before his death.
- Convinced Gabriel to keep the secret about the Order.
In this episode, Jesse may grow noticeably worse.
- Let Ivor's lava house get demolished, even though there is another way around it, since Axel and Olivia can craft glass out of sand blocks to make the lava safer. (This is debatable, as Jesse might not believe (or even know) that there was another way around Ivor's lava house.)
- Ran away from the guards instead of helping Ivor. (This is debatable, as Ivor may be selfish in his desire and only care about material things at this point.)
- Called Isa a control freak. (Helped Ivor)
- Accused Isa of just wanting power. (Helped Ivor)
- Told Reginald he sucked. (Helped Ivor)
- Did not take Milo's oath. (Go with Milo)
- Told everyone at the Build Club, including Milo, to back off. (Go with Milo)
- Threatened people in the Build Club by telling them that he/she knows how to use a crafting table better than them, and insulted them by calling them "chumps". (Go with Milo)
- Decided to take the Eversource for himself/herself and his/her group, despite the fact that Sky City needed it to survive.
- Went to back up Lukas in his fight with Aiden instead of rescuing Isa.
- Did not show any concern for Lukas after his fall. (Rescue Isa)
- Chose to leave Aiden to die in Sky City.
- Left only Isa or only Milo in power.
A Portal to Mystery
- Insulted TorqueDawg back. (Although TorqueDawg insulted Jesse and his/her friends first for no real reason.)
- Did not show any pity for TorqueDawg after his death.
- Kept the enchanted flint and steel hidden from CaptainSparklez. (Debatable, as given the situation, it's probably hard for Jesse to trust anyone aside from his/her friends.)
- Accused Dan, Lizzie, or Stampy of being a murderer, despite having little to no evidence.
- Chose to go after The White Pumpkin instead of helping DanTDM/LDShadowLady fight of the spiders in the library. (Debatable, as if The White Pumpkin escaped, she would be able to set off even more traps.)
- Did not defend Lukas after he was falsely accused of being The White Pumpkin.
- Does not give enough evidence to convict Cassie Rose. (This is debatable, as it could be just plain incompetence and bad memory instead of actual villainy.)
- Did not help dig Cassie Rose out of the fallen sand.
- Said Cassie deserved to "die", despite her tragic backstory. (Although she did try to kill everyone for the enchanted flint and steel when she could have just asked for it.)
- Said to Cassie that cats suck. (More rude than villainous)
- Told Cassie that she got what she deserved. (Although she had murdered at least three people)
- Chose to leave Cassie Rose alone without giving her cat, Winslow, to her for company. (This is debatable, as while Cassie Rose dearly misses her home and having Winslow with her would probably be her only comfort, Winslow, being a relatively innocent cat, would be trapped with his owner, possibly for the rest of his life.)
- Argued with Petra. (Debatable, as Jesse might be trying to protect Petra.)
- Told Petra she should be the one to apologize for her outburst. (Argued with Petra)
- Told the group that Petra ditched them. (Argued with Petra)
- Didn't help Petra kill the Mind Controlled Zombie, despite her call for help, even though there's a higher risk that the Mind-Controlled Zombie could have easily killed Petra if he/she didn't. (Debatable, as Petra might not have needed Jesse's help after all.)
- Lied to the mind-controlled citizens from Crown Mesa that he/she and his/her gang are definitely from there.
- Chose to be uncooperative with PAMA. (Debatable, as while Jesse could be being rude, he/she could also be protecting the lives of other people in different worlds that could be chipped by PAMA.)
- Did not show any concerns for Harper when they were being chased by mind-controlled Zombies.
- Called PAMA a big, dumb machine, and told it to prepare to be destroyed by him/her. (Although PAMA had sadistically taunted Jesse about Reuben's death)
- Told PAMA that it (PAMA) is useless. (although PAMA was trying to manipulate Jesse)
- Didn't defend Harper from the citizens of Crown Mesa who blamed her for all the damage PAMA caused, causing them to reject her.
- Accused Harper of lying.
A Journey's End
- Attacked Nell a second time for "killing" Lukas and Ivor/Petra in the Spleef Game, despite that she only eliminated them because of the competition. (Debatable, as he/she didn't know that it was a competition and thought his/her friends were actually dead. Also, Nell was the one that supposedly killed his friends.)
- Told Hadrian and Mevia that they will pay for Lukas and Ivor/Petra's apparent deaths.
- Rejected Hadrian's first deal with him. (Although Jesse's Gang needed the Atlas to return home, which clearly wasn't involved in Hadrian's first deal)
- Told Hadrian to get out of his/her face when the latter tried to interview him/her. (Not as villainous as it is rude, although Hadrian is usually even more rude)
- Rejected Em's deal to "team up" against the gladiators during the race. (Debatable, as it could be hard for Jesse to trust Em)
- Chose to beat Em at the race instead of saving Nell from falling in the lava. (Although leaving someone else behind to die during the race in order to win is considered cheating)
- Called Em a liar after her motives for needing to get Jesse eliminated were revealed.
- Stopped to talk to Sebastian the miner, causing him/her and Slab to be late, and get Slab in trouble. (This is debatable, as Jesse could have needed some of Sebastian's help for him/her and his/her friends to get back home.)
- Touched anything in Hadrian's Palace, including attempting to take Tim's armor for himself/herself instead of just looking at it, even after Slab's advice to not touch anything.
- Told Hadrian that he/she's tired of listening to his "blab". (More rude than villainous)
- Rejected Hadrian's new deal to lose the games and go to the mines in his/her friends' place. (Debatable, as this can be attributed to simply (and rightfully) not trusting Hadrian)
- Did not tell the other competitors about Tim not being real.
- Insulted the Gladiators by calling them "big lugs".
- Did not allow Ivor to say goodbye to Harper.
- Told his/her gang to stop Ivor after the latter stole the Atlas and the enchanted flint and steel, and headed to the Portal Network. (This can be debated, as Jesse could be trying to keep Ivor safe. Also, Jesse's friends appear to be fine with chasing Ivor.)
- Command Block Tool/Weapon (Temporarily)
- Enchanted Diamond Sword (since episode 4 until episode 8)
- Enchanted Diamond Pickaxe
- Enchanted Flint and Steel
- White Pumpkin
- Eversource Crown (from Sky City)
- Ender Pearls
- The Redstone Heart (a.k.a. PAMA's heart)
- Flint and Steel
- Portal Atlas (Temporarily)
- Stone Sword (Temporarily)
- Enchanted Shield
- Other crafting items
- Enchanted Diamond Axe
- Tim's Armor (Temporarily)
- Gold Sword (Temporarily and determinant)
Killed Victims/Slain Enemies/Fallen Allies
The list below shows the victims and enemies that Jesse has slain/killed. It also shows allies that have died indirectly due to Jesse's choices/were killed by any enemies.
- The Wither Storm
- Numerous Hostile Mobs
- Magnus the Rogue (Indirectly Caused, Choice Dependent, Alternate Ellegard the Redstone Engineer, killed by Wither Storm)
- Ellegaard the Redstone Engineer (Indirectly Caused, Choice Dependent, Alternate Magnus the Rogue, killed by Wither Storm)
- Reuben (Pig) (Indirectly Caused; doomed to fall by Wither Storm)
- CaptainSparklez (Killed by the White Pumpkin's traps)
- LDShadowLady (Indirectly Caused, Choice Dependent, Alternate DanTDM, killed by the White Pumpkin)
- DanTDM (Indirectly Caused, Choice Dependent, Alternate LDShadowLady, killed by the White Pumpkin)
- PAMA (Prototype: Autonomous Management Agent)
Death (Restart Part of Game)
- Hostile Mobs
- Splash Potion of Harming
- Wither Storm
- Fall Damage
- Arrow of Poison
- The White Pumpkin
- PAMA (Made useful)
- Petra (Chipped)
- Lukas (Chipped)
- Mind Controlled Citizens (Chipped)
Jesse can also die by failing to avoid dangers. The Screen will go red, and the game will restart from the Chest Symbol.
- GTA Online Protagonists (Grand Theft Auto series)
- Commander Vic Hoskins (Jurassic World)
- Preston Packard (Kong: Skull Island)
- Kylo Ren (Star Wars sequel trilogy)
- Oddly, If Jesse goes to Boom Town, regardless of his/her gender, he/she will always be called the KING of Boom Town.
- Jesse is the only character in Minecraft: Story Mode that has two voice actors, since the character has two different genders (chosen by The Player), while other characters have one.
- In A Block and a Hard Place, if Jesse chooses to eat several potatoes, he/she (indirectly) mentions that potatoes are his/her favorite food.
- In Episode 1, Jesse mentions that his/her motto is "No man left behind".
- In Access Denied, if Jesse chooses not to deactivate PAMA, he/she will be attacked and killed by Petra/Lukas, PAMA will then be shown smiling. link here
- In Access Denied, there are several chances of death which shows "You have been made useful!" instead of "You died!" if Jesse gets caught by PAMA.
- However, if Jesse is killed during his/her final showdown with PAMA, the death screen will show "You died!" as usual.
- Jesse is currently the only character in Minecraft: Story Mode whose gender is decided by the player.
- Telltale left an easter egg to this, when TorqueDawg states that Jesse is a boys/girls name, depending on the opposite gender.
- The lightest skin-tone appearance for female Jesse bears near-striking resemblance to Isa.
- In A Journey's End?, once Jesse is killed by Mevia, and when he/she respawns, this is the first time, ever since episode 3, that Jesse is seen without armor.
- It is revealed in A Journey's End? that Jesse is ambidextrous, meaning he/she is able to use both of his/her arms equally (attack with sword with the right, mine with pickaxe on the left).
- Jesse has, by far, the most aliases in Minecraft: Story Mode as a whole.
- Jesse has almost every skill for different groups - builder, griefer, redstonist, architect, and warrior.
- In episode 6, A Portal to Mystery, Jesse's portrait in a few shots can show the white male Jesse without armor, no matter which Jesse you have. This is most likely an oversight.
- Curiously enough, that means that portrait picture was designed when Jesse could not have lost his/her armor.
- Jesse appears in every episode title-card, except for Assembly Required's title-card.
- Ivor, The White Pumpkin (or Cassie Rose), and PAMA have all commented on Jesse's tenacity during his/her struggles to survive in the game:
- In Episode 2, Ivor, before fighting Jesse and Petra/Gabriel, has commented on his/her tenacity, through it is misleading his/her path.
- In Episode 6, The White Pumpkin calls Jesse "Incredibly Tenacious."
- In Episode 7, PAMA calculates that Jesse's bravery and tenacity are impressive qualities.
- Jesse is one of the clumsiest characters in the series, managing to drop/lose the amulet multiple times, fall over multiple times, and drop items such as the Command Block Weapon and the Enchanted Flint and Steel.
- There's a single voice error for Jesse in episode 5 when talking with the Guard who protects the garden in Sky City.