Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||Sacrifices are necessary if one is to realize one's ambitious ideals! Can I help it if my destiny is to rule the less-intellectually-gifted masses?||„|
Jean-François is one of the major antagonists in the video game Rhythm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure, who works together with Leonard Bonar under the alias "Graf" to take over Paris and the entire world.
At first Jean-François cared for Marie, the friend of protagonist Phantom R, as she was the daughter of Elisabeth and therefore the key to the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. He would donate lots of money for noble purposes, however he began to see himself as someone who would have to reign over less intelligent people, which is why he supported Leonard Bonar to raise the Hanging Gardens.
The Emperor's Treasure
Jean-François first revealed Phantom R his villainous side when he attacked him with a gun on the Eiffel Tower to get the Dragon Crown he would need to raise the legacy. However, Phantom R escaped with the help of Detective Charlie Vergier by using a glider.
As his final battle, after he had turned the "Chevaliers Diabolique" against Phantom R, he attacked him in a room of the Hanging Gardens, that was filled with lava, in a giant robot suite and shot gems on him, but was defeated and later arrested by Inspector Vergier.
Jean-François is an admirer of Napoleon Bonaparte. Phantom R got him to know as a very nice, happy, polite, generous, thoughtful, compassionate, opportunistic, trustworthy, and benevolent person when he was introduced to him as Marie's guardian. However, as it later turned out Jean-François actually was a ruthless evildoer, who only cared for his own goals, while thinking it would be the best for all if he ruled over them.
Powers and Abilities
Having no physical power, Jean-François relies on the use of guns and his intelligence. In addition, he is in charge over fighting robots and even has his own robot suit, equipping him with a shield, a spear and a device to shoot gems.
|“||Hahahahaha! The last great imbecile. The crown is not the true treasure, my boy.||„|
|~ Jean-François, revelaing his true role in the events|
|“||It is a pity, but now that I know she is the key, how could I release her? Still, I suppose I should give you something... How about a little lead? Inscribed Master Raphael, or should I say, Phantom R?||„|
|“||The real Chevaliers Diabolique. Created to defend the Babylonian Empire. They know no pity, no mercy. They know only destruction. This time it is au revoir, Phantom R!||„|
|~ Jean-François about the Chevaliers Diabolique|
|“||Would you like to see what this weapon can do, Phantom R?||„|
|~ Jean-François in his robot suit|
- Jean-Francois has many similarities to Vidocq from the game Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights, Colonel Muska from the movie Castle in the Sky and Professor Desmond Sycamore from the game Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy: All four of them are male, power hungry and well-dressed anime characters with glasses, who use guns and are (as well as female protagonists of their stories) linked to ancient, advanced civilizations, whose legacies (in all four cases flying castles) they want to achieve.
- Like Colonel Muska, he wears a jabot and uses antique robots to achieve his goal.
- Like Vidocq, he is a sophisticated frenchman who wants to rule France and turn it into a global power with the help of knights.
- Like Desmond Sycamore (Jean Descole) he has once piloted a robot himself and his name is Jean.
- His relation to Leonard Bonar can be compared to the one of Isaac and the real Napoleon Bonaparte.