|“||They're not going to make it, don't let them drag you down with you to.||„|
|~ Jane about abandoning the group|
Despite being one of the main protagonists in the second season of the Walking Dead Game and doing several heroic acts Jane has some traits of a villain such as being selfish, showing a lack of remorse for other survivors, having signs of being mentally unstable, and forcing her nihilistic and social darwinistic points of view on "survival" onto Clementine.
Jane is voiced by Christine Lakin, who also voices Joyce Kinney.
Not much is known about Jane's life before or as the outbreak began. However, in " Amid The Ruins, it is revealed that Jane had a sister, Jaime. She and her sister used to visit an amusement park in Virginia every summer, where Jane liked to pretend that they weren't sisters, instead merely friends. Jane also liked to tease her sister, in ways such as putting gum in her hair and then cutting it out to give Jaime a silly haircut.
Back No Going Back, Jane tells Clementine about an incident in which she drank a bottle of alcohol belonging to her parents, when she was not too much older than Clementine. After drinking it and realizing there were sugar crystals at the bottom of the bottle, she smashed the bottle on the floor to get to them, not being able to tell them from shattered glass. Her sister, Jaime, had to call for an ambulance.
During the apocalypse Jane has been in many groups of survivors and seen many people die do to stupid reasons including her little sister Jamie whom given up on living and let herself get eaten by walkers this caused Jane's "it is best to be alone" survivor idealism.
- Abandoning her sister Jamie to die
- Shown little remorse for members of Clementine group that were killed by Carver or the walker herd.
- Made numerous attempts to convince Clementine to abandon Sarah.
- Made numerous attempts to convince Clementine to go off alone and leave her group behind.
- RobbedArvo and took his medical supplies and/or threatened to kill him if she see's him again.
- Had sex with Luke when he was on Walker patrol duty.
- Selfishly abandoning the group for no reason.
- Provoked Kenny into attacking her so Clementine would "see Kenny for what he really is"
- Lying about AJ the newborn baby's death to convince Clementine to kill Kenny. In reality, she hid AJ in a truck under snowy weather, putting the baby in danger of freezing to death.
- In the Jane endings she makes it clear to Clementine that she doesn't want her taking in a wandering family at Howe's Hardware and thanks her if Clementine leaves them out in the cold to survive.