|“||Hsu Hao would not dishonor his Red Dragon clan; he would complete his task at any cost.||„|
|~ Hsu Hao's Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance Biography|
Hsu Hao is extremely loyal to his superior, Mavado, and the Red Dragon Clan, as he is perfectly able to carry out orders without any hesitation.
He has proven to be extremely deceptive and manipulative, during his time infiltrating the Special Forces.
In his Armageddon ending, he becomes his true self: a demon void of any emotion and desolation.
Hsu Hao is a skilled fighter and is capable of slamming his hands together to generate a shockwave. He can also jump into the air and stomp on the opponent, slam his fist into the ground to generate a fireball, and fire a powerful laser from the cyborg implants on his chest.
- Hsu Hao is one of the more unpopular characters that were introduced in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance, as well as the series itself. One of the messages that the people of Chaosrealm say is "Will Hsu Hao return from the dead? Err... probably not." indicating he was never intended to return. John Vogel himself had stated his particular dislike of the character in Hsu Hao's bio card.
- Because all of the character were brought back in Armageddon, the developers had to include him as well in the game, much to John Vogel's dismay.
- In his non-canon ending in Armageddon, Hsu Hao dies and has now become a demon void of emotions, said ending was influenced by Vogel (as a way to show disdain for the character).
- In Mortal Kombat (2011), it was stated that Hsu Hao would not appear in this or any future games.
- Hsu Hao is stated to be of Mongolian descent despite his being a Chinese agent.
- John Vogel stated that his death by Jax Briggs in Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance was acceptable because he wanted to get rid of the character.
- During early productions of Deadly Alliance, Hsu Hao's name was "Khan".
- Hsu Hao is one of the few characters in Mortal Kombat from Earthrealm to be evil in all of his appearances, others include Sektor and Kira.
- His appearance is similar to that of Mr. Slave from South Park.
- Due to his low fanbase, Hsu Hao was the first character confirmed to not be returning in Mortal Kombat X, after being killed early on in the MKX comic.
Non Playable Villains
Mortal Kombat Legacy