Originally, the Academy was owned and headed by the H.I.V.E. Headmistress, before management was taken over by Brother Blood. Once in control of the facility and its students, Blood decided to accelerate his own plans by having his students steal money and high-tech components, arousing the interest of the Teen Titans. Cyborg went undercover as Stone, a new student, and found out that Blood was preparing to mass-construct a new weapon called an Ion Amplifier. In the course of the conflict, the Academy was destroyed by a sonic blast from Cyborg, augmented by the Amplifier. Subsequent attempts by Blood to reopen the H.I.V.E. Academy in other locations were likewise foiled by the Titans, and eventually Blood was captured and taken into custody.
Despite being a school for villains, the Academy possessed the general atmosphere of a public school and even held yearly events, such as proms.
- Private H.I.V.E.
- Billy Numerous
- Kyd Wykkyd
- XL Terrestrial
- Wrestling Star
- Cyborg (infiltrator, under the alias of Stone)
- Bumblebee (infiltrator)
- Jericho (training put to use as a hero instead of a villain)
- Rock, Paper and Scissors (only in Teen Titans Go! comic book series)
- Adeline Kane Wilson (Second Headmistress), Deathstroke's wife
- Brother Blood (Headmaster)
- H.I.V.E. Headmistress
- H.I.V.E. Guards
- Robotic Replicas of Cyborg (Cyclones)