|“||I did not expect to fight in this tournament. But eventually, even the Shaolin produce a warrior worthy of the Shokan.||„|
|~ Goro to Liu Kang|
|“||I will give you a warrior's death.||„|
| ~ Goro to Liu Kang in Mortal Kombat (2011)
Goro is the strong but sophisticated prince of the Shokan race and a villain from the Mortal Kombat fighting game series. Despite swearing allegiance to Shao Kahn, After being the Mortal Combat champion for over 500 years Goro simply wishes overthrow him and take his place as Emperor of Outworld. Even if it means opting to aid Shang Tsung in his quest to conquer Earth Realm. He is the secondary antagonist in the 1st game and movie, a major antagonist in Mortal Kombat Trilogy, a minor antagonist in Mortal Kombat: Deception and Armageddon and a supporting antagonist in Mortal Kombat 9.
Powers and Abilities
Goro possesses superhuman strength and is one of the most powerful warriors alive, as evidenced by his winning nine straight Mortal Kombat tournaments. He can fire blasts of fire from his hands and mouth, leap high into the air to land on his opponents, and spin around with his fists out, which he can ignite with fire. Arguably the greatest fighter in the series he had unrivaled brutality and agility which made him a famously difficult character to beat. He was so tricky in fact that his strength had to be toned down in later games to give players a chance. (lets face it he's a half dragon with four arms he's gonna be tough.)
Appearances in other media
Goro appears as the secondary antagonist in the 1995 Mortal Kombat film, where he is portrayed and voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson. Goro serves as an accomplice of Shang Tsung and is eventually killed by Johnny Cage, who manages to knock him off a cliff to his death.
Mortal Kombat film
- Goro is stated to be a polygamist, possessing several wives/queens consort. Sheeva was originally believed to be one of them, but this has not been proven.
- He had a cameo in Mortal Kombat: Deception's Konquest mode, where he is fighting Johnny Cage in Netherrealm, albeit missing his two lower arms.
- Goro was voted number 3 on Screwattack's Top 10 Mortal Kombat Kharacters list.
- It was hinted that Goro felt nothing but contempt towards Shao Kahn as he rejoiced in the Emperor's "death" before being disappointed that he survived after Quan Chi healed him.
- His original name was Gongoro.
Non Playable Villains
Mortal Kombat Legacy