|“||I did not expect to fight in this tournament. But eventually, even the Shaolin produce a warrior worthy of the Shokan.||„|
|~ Goro to Liu Kang|
Powers and Abilities
Goro possesses superhuman strength and is one of the most powerful warriors alive, as evidenced by his winning 9 straight Mortal Kombat tournaments. He can fire blasts of fire from his hands and mouth, leap high into the air to land on his opponents, and spin around with his fists out, which he can ignite with fire.
Appearances in other media
Goro appears as the secondary antagonist in the 1995 Mortal Kombat film, where he is portrayed and voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson. Goro serves as an accomplice of Shang Tsung and is eventually killed by Johnny Cage, who manages to knock him off a cliff to his death.
Mortal Kombat film
- Goro is stated to be a polygamist, possessing several wives/queens consort. Sheeva was originally believed to be one of them, but this has not been proven.
- If Scorpion executes his Hellish Dismemberment fatality on Goro in Deception, he will rip off his lower right arm.
- He had a cameo in Mortal Kombat: Deception's Konquest mode, where he is fighting Johnny Cage in Netherrealm, albeit missing his two lower arms.
- Goro was voted number 3 on Screwattack's Top 10 Mortal Kombat Kharacters list.
- It was hinted that Goro felt nothing but contempt towards Shao Kahn as he rejoiced in the Emperor's "death" before being disappointed that he survived after Quan Chi healed him.