Gorast is one of the antagonists in the BIONICLE series. She also serves as one of the antagonists in the 2008 storyline alongside the two Makuta, Icarax and Antroz as well as a minor villain in The Mutran Chronicles and Brothers in Arms. She was a Makuta of the Tren Krom Penisula and a member of the Brotherhood of Makuta.
Gorast was the only member of the Brotherhood who was completely loyal to her leader, Teridax as she went along with all his evil plans since she was the first to side with him during his attempt to take over the organization.
Prior to the main event of the main story, Gorast and the other Makuta were created by the Great Beings. Later, she eventually became a member of the Brotherhood of Makuta, whose task was to manage the Matoran universe population by creating various Rahi.
80,000 years later; when the Brotherhood of Makuta learned that the Barraki and their army were attempting to overthrow the Great Spirit Mata Nui, they immediately rallied their army
Gorast was present during the moment that Mata Nui was awakening. When Krika appeared to warn the other makutas that Teridax would soon dispose of them, Gorast raged and fiercely clashed against Krika, finally killing him by inverting his mask power of repelation onto his own body.
During the energy storm, Gorast stayed freezed as she understood why Teridax send her and the other makutas precisely to Karda Nui in that moment, and shocked, she didn't even noticed nor cared about the increasing magnitude of the storm, which erased her completely alongside Antroz, Mutran, Vamprah, Chirox and Bitil.
Gorast is a lecherous, dispassionate, hot-blooded, aggressive, and brutal Makuta. She was also fanatically loyal and conscientious to her master, Makuta Teridax since she was the first to sided with him during his takeover and when Teridax ushered the Plan, she was very confident that his plan will succeed. She went so far as to idolize Teridax for his cunning, ruthless, and unpleasant roles. It was until at the time Teridax eventually betrayed her, which shocked her.
Powers and Abilities
Gorast, as the other makuta, had mastery over the element of shadow and 42 kraata powers, aside from the power of her mask: the kanohi Felnas, which inverted the power of whoever it's owner wanted temporaly. When she modified her own body into a completely mechanic one, she didn't need to sleep, eat nor rest, but at her stay in the Swamp of Secrets, her body was locked in an insectoid form and needed to feed and rest again due to the mutagen, as a side effect, his kanohi Felnas mutated too with a sting in the mouth that could absorb the inner light of other beings.
- Gorast was the first and only female canister set that did not have blue as her primary color.
- On some of the 2008 BIONICLE online games, Gorast was mistaken as a male, though Gorast is officially female by the LEGO Group.
- Gorast was once nearly trampled by a Tahtorak during her expedition in the island of Stelt.
- Gorast also have the similar characteristics with Ellen Mira Mathers from Date a Live :
- Both are the right-hand servants of the main antagonists (Isaac Ray Peram Westcott and Makuta Teridax) as both have no problems of serving them well.
- Both were known for their violent and sadistic personalities as they were known to slaughtered their enemies in a brutal and cold-blooded way.
- Both are female members of their respective organizations (Brotherhood of Makuta and Deux.Ex.Machina Industries).
- Gorast was the only known female makuta across the series.