The Ghosts are the primary antagonists of the Pac-Man series. They chase Pac-Man around a maze to keep him from eating all the dots. It was the player's objective to avoid the ghosts and collect all the dots.
Power Pellets are the ghosts' ultimate weakness. When Pac-Man eats one, the ghosts turn blue, and Pac-Man can eat them.
- One Ghost eaten- 200 pts.
- Two Ghosts eaten- 400 pts.
- Three Ghosts eaten- 800 pts.
- Four Ghosts eaten- 1600 pts.
In the original Pac-Man, there were four ghosts (referred to as the Ghost Gang), each member having their own unique personalities:
- Blinky- Red, chases Pac-Man relentlessly.
- Pinky- Pink, strategically ambushes Pac-Man.
- Inky- Cyan, scares Pac-Man into making the wrong move.
- Clyde (Sue in Ms. Pac-Man and Tim in Jr. Pac-Man)- Orange, not very smart.
In the Pac-Man cartoon series from 1982-1984, the Ghost Gang work for Mezmeron and help him try to find the Power Pellet Forest and often call Pac-Man names suck as "Pac-Fink".
In the TV series Pac-Man & the Ghostly Adventures, the Ghost Gang work for Lord Betrayus but secretly they help Pac-Man foil Betrayus' plans and hopefully get their bodies back.