Gerogero is a twisted, skeletal, biomechanical monster and a boss in Final Fantasy VIII. This grotesque abomination is the true form of the body double of President Vinzer Deling. Once the SeeDs has dealt enough damage to the fake President during battle aboard a train departing from the city-state of Timber for the country of Galbadia, he will collapse on the ground and the hideously deformed beast will emerge from it's human disguise, revealing it's horrifying true self before it attacks. In the end, the heroes won and killed the creature.
As an undead enemy, Gerogero takes on the properties innate to all undead units, namely taking half damage from physical attacks, being weak to Fire and Holy, being immune to Death and Doom and dying instantly from resurrecting abilities and items.
Gerogero uses plenty of status ailment attacks, and inflicts the party with statuses like Silence and Berserk. "Brrawghh!" is a special attack that causes damage to a target and also inflict it with Slow, Curse, and Blind.
It has the valuable Double spell to draw.
Gerogero is undead, and therefore Cure and Life spells hurt it, but throwing a Phoenix Down at it will kill him instantly.
- Gerogero's English name may come from the Japanese word gero, which means "vomit", a possible allusion to the sight of the monster's terrifying visage.
- Gerogero's Japanese name was "Namtar Utok".
- Namtar is the name of a god of death in Mesopotamian mythology.
- Utok is a pun on Utukku, a creature which is a type of spirit or a demon in Sumerian mythology that is believed either benevolent or malevolent.
- In the original Japanese version of Final Fantasy VIII, Gerogero's organs were colored red. The change to blue was probably made due to censoring, as the red color makes the organs protruding from the creature look far more real. This version of Gerogero can also be seen in both the BradyGames and Piggyback Interactive official strategy guides for Final Fantasy VIII.