|“||I declare that I'm going out and I don't know when I'll return!||„|
|~ Resentful Ferdek.|
|“||There are things on this world, which weren't even dreamed by physiologists.||„|
|~ Popular phrase used by Ferdek.|
Ferdynand Kiepski, also known as Ferdek, is the main protagonist in the famous Polish comedy series Świat według Kiepskich. His laziness and rabble are almost legend.
Ferdek was born in 1950. He married Halina in 1975 and they have two children Waldek and Mariola. Before 1981 he was selling the water in Świdnicka Street in Wrocław. Now he is unemployed, but often assumes businesses to earn money, but usually he failed. He live in Wrocław on Ćwiartki 3/4 Street with his wife Halina and daughter Mariola. Before, with them lived Halina's mother Rozalia, (who was in conflict with Ferdek), but she died in 2007 and their son Waldek who went to USA in 2005. He returned in 2011, but now he live with his wife Jolanta Pupcia-Kiepska, who is hated by his father. Ferdynand's next door neighbours are Marian and Helena Paździoch. Ferdek hates Marian and very often arguing with him, but they can collaborate to earn a lot of money. They also like drinking vodka on the night. His second neigbour is Arnold Boczek. In elder episodes they were good friends, but now Ferdek is very mean to Arnold, and still insulting him. The third neighbour was old man Borysek. Ferdek liked him, but considered that he is pervert. Very often visits him Edzio, who is the postman. Ferdek don't like and calling him a shrimp and think that he's very stupid, but it isn't truth. His best friends are homeless alcoholic Kazimierz Barura and the CEO of housing association Andrzej Kozłowski. He had very good relationship with his son, but it's getting worse when Waldek returned from USA. Ferdek often arguing with his daughter Mariola, but he very loves her.
Ferdek is very lazy, but clever. In elder episodes, he is very cheerful and enthusiastic, but later becomes peevish, truculent, unfriendly, and quarrelsome. He is also very ill-tempered, cantankerous, vindictive, impatient, spiteful, bearish, touchy, gruff, furious, and quite arrogant. In his opinion the most important value in honor.
- Drinking beer Mocny Full
- Lying on armchair
- Watching TV
- Arguing with Marian Paździoch
- Arguing with Rozalia
- Insulting Arnold Boczek
- Drinking vodka
- Stealing Rozalia's pension
- Coming up with new ways to earn money.
- Halina Kiepska - wife
- Waldemar Kiepski - son
- Mariola Kiepska - daughter
- Rozalia Małolepsza - mother-in-law (died in 2007)
- Jolanta Pupcia-Kiepska - daughter-in-law
- Roman Kiepski - father (died, never appeared on the show)
- Stanisław Kiepski - brother
- Władysław Kiepski - grandfather (died, never appeared on the show)
- Mother (never appeared on the show, mentioned only in 215 episode)
- Władysław Kiepski - uncle
- Stanisław Kiepski - uncle (died in 2007, never appeared in the show)
- Ziemowit Kiepski - nephew
- Genowefa Kiepska - aunt
- Cousin from Mongolia, Rychu, Zdzichu, aunt Lutka, Jaś, uncle Leoś - other relatives