The Faceless Ones are villains from the Skulduggery Pleasant series. The cause of the War and the Church of the Faceless are the names of their worshippers.
According from Batu aka Patrick Hanratty, it is said that they can possess creatures and give them huge amounts of power but should a Faceless One possess someone, the host's body will be heavily damaged by their power, causing the host to die immediately.
The host's hair will fall out and their face will be deformed beyond recogniton as the host's eyes and ears melt with their mouth closed. Their body also mutates to the point where it manifests black tendrils.
While not possessing someone, their true appearance are too abstract to comprehend. Anyone who sees their true apperance will immediately go insane upon see one.
Valkyrie is the only person who saw one without going insane. She described that their appearance does not make any sense and that they couldn't be real as they have no weight or substance. It is said to have mass but behind they have a depth.
These gods are said to be colossal in both size and height and their dark nature causes their shadow to shy away from them.
Powers and Abilities
The Faceless Ones are incredibly powerful - borderline omnipotent - beings with near-apocalyptic abilities that extend beyond the laws and understandings of the human universe.
- Madness Inducement: Faceless Ones simply able to induce madness simply by their appearance alone.
- Telekinesis: Faceless One's telekinesis are extremely powerful. They are able to invert and tear their victim's body apart with only a single movement - famously used on Mr Bliss, who is noted to be incalculably durable and physically strong.
- Enhanced Strength: Their physical powers are extreme.
- Invulnerability: Dead or alive, their body are virtually invincible, as Mr. Bliss was unable to destroy Grotesquery's torso, which was from Faceless Ones with his power.
- Tendril Manifestation: Faceless Ones can manifest their tendrils to attack their enemies.
- Possession: Faceless ones can possess other creatures but the possessed dies immediately because their bodies heavily mutates in the process.