|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
The Fiendish Organization for World Larceny, better known as FOWL (sometimes spelled "F.O.W.L."), is a global criminal organization bent on world domination.
FOWL was created by Dr. Nogood, but after his demise it was led by the High Command. The organization is the biggest headache of SHUSH and Darkwing Duck has several of its agents in his rogue gallery for either his intended target or agents he helped arresting. F.O.W.L.'s leadership lies in the hands of the shadowy High Command, a trinity whose identities are carefully kept secret. They run the organization mercilessly in regards to any victims of their schemes as well as their own agents if their boasts and paycheck outdo their deeds.
- Dr. Nogood: Former head of FOWL, and also his founder. After a plan to render all the money in the world worthless, he dies when falling in a vat of chemicals, much like Dr. No.
- The High Command: They take the command of FOWL after Nogood's demise. Nobody knows who or where they are, as they are always lurking in the shadows. They send missions to his agents by video.
- Steelbeak: FOWL's top agent. He has liberty to do whathever he wants, even having his own personal henchmen known as Eggmen. His past is unknown, as well as how he got his beak of steel.
- Ammonia Pine: A janitor from a research lab, after smelling a experimental disinfectant became over-obsessed with cleaning. Has a huge cleaning machine created by herself.
- Ample Grime: Sister of Ammonia, and the complete opposite of her, as she loves dirt.
- Major Synapse: Was demoted by the High Command after sending troops into a volcano, and put in charge of the psychic division, with two stupid hippies under him as a punishment. After stealing the Norma Ray, he turned the two hippies into supervillains, and he himself became a giant floating brain.
- Oddduck: Dr. Nogood's personal henchman. Can catch bullets in the air with his beak.
- Bruno Von Beak and Feathers Galore: Couple of agents hired to kill Launchpad McQuack. Feathers ended up betraying FOWL.
- F.O.W.L. is another in a long fiction tradition of secret organizations with names that are acronyms designed for the word that the letters form rather than acronyms that form naturally. Specific inspiration sources for F.O.W.L. may have been SPECTRE and KAOS.
- In the 2017 DuckTales series, Webby Vanderquack has a note on her wall of McDuck family history reading "friend or F.O.W.L."