|“||HALT! Who goes there!? A Trespasser! The castle now belongs to us. The Smithy Gang. This will be our first step in taking over the world. And if it wasn't for nosey characters like you, we'd practically own this world! Let's see you deal with this!||„|
|~ Exor the Sword|
Exor, also known as Exor the Sword, is a sentient giant sword and a major antagonist in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. Exor is in charge of being the gateway between the Mushroom Kingdom and the Smithy Factory.
Exor first appeared descending to King Bowser's Keep when he destroyed the Star Road and thus spreading the Seven Stars. This causes that the wishes from the world cannot be done, while Exor settles on Bowser's Castle causing a great crash. This crash also sends Mario, Princess Peach Toadstool and Bowser away. Then the Smithy Gang take over the Koopa lord's castle as their main base on Mushroom Kingdom.
Exor is later seen when Mario returns to Bowser's Keep just to learn from Exor that the palace now belongs to the Smithy Gang and destroys the bridge to prevent anyone to return in while Mario escapes from the place in time. Once Mario gets six Stars, he and his party will return to Bowser's Keep in a bus driver from Nimbus Land. When they reach to the roof, they will confront Exor in a battle which Exor loses. Exor then transports them into the Smithy's Dimension where the Smithy Factory is located.
When Smithy and his gang are finally defeated, Exor dissolves, disappearing from Bowser's Keep.
- Exor was errornously named "Smithy the Sword" in a television commercial promoting the videogame in it's American release, probably also suggesting that he was the main antagonist of the game.
- His Japanese name "Karibā" (カリバー)is not only a partial name-play off of the legendary sword "Excalibur" from the story of King Arthur.
- According to his Psychopath thoughts, Exor has astigmatism in his right eye and is blind in the left one.
- Exor is the only Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars boss (aside from the Yaridovich clones) that is not immune to the special effect of the Geno Whirl attack (which does 9999 damage if executed correctly and defeats him in one turn).
- Although the face that holds the Neosquid, Right Eye, and Left Eye is actually Exor, due to the Neosquid moving at the beginning of the game, the in-battle calls the non-mouthed skeleton brain Exor.