|Darkseid has declared that this article requires immediate Cleanup in order to meet a higher standard.|
Help improve this article by improving formatting, spelling and general layout - least it fall victim to an Omega Effect
- —Shao Kahn
- "Maniacal laugh!"
- —Tex Richman
- "Oh, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway! AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAAAA""
- —The Joker
An Evil Laugh is a maniacal and loud laugh used by many villains.
Writing an Evil Laugh
In the many medias based on text (comic books, novels, some video games), it became common to represent an evil laugh through the constant repetition of an onomatopoeia that expresses a laugh. HAHAHAHAHA was the most simple and used representation of the evil laugh, but soon many variations appeared, to give more personality to to the villain and his laugh. Some variations are as follow:
- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (The most typical of laughs)
- MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (A more malevolent type of laugh)
- BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (A rounder and fuller laugh)
- GWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (Same as above)
- HOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO! (A kind of chuckle)
- GACK ACK ACK ACK! (Form of a cough and a laugh)
- MUH HUH HUH HUH!
- Heh heh heh (A laugh often used for controlled anger)
- HEEHEEHEE! (A giggle)
- HAH, HAH!
- HAR, HAR! (The laugh of a villain with generally low intelligence)
- EEYAH HA HA HA!
- MWEE HEE HEE HEE! (A mentally deranged laugh)
- UWEE HEE HEE HEE! (Same as above)
- BLEH HEH HEH HEH HEH!
- YEAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! (Form of a shout and a laugh)
- SHI SHI SHI SHI
- NEEHEEHEEHEEHAHAHA!!, an evil laugh normally done by Dr. Carver.
Some evil laughs are minor variations of others, or even fusions of many other evil laughs.
Reasons to use a evil laugh
Villains can use their evil laughs in many different occasions. Some of them include:
- To show their superiority;
- To show how magnificent their plan is;
- To show the hero that his efforts are all in vain;
- To taunt a weaker opponent;
- After giving a demonstration of their power;
- After killing the hero, or killing one of the hero's friends in front of him;
- After going insane;
- After finishing a villain song;
- After launching a nuclear weapon;
- Some villains like to laugh for no reason at all.
Gallery of Evil Laughs