Espresso is the sole main antagonsist of ModNation Racers.
In the Career
In the post-Boardwalk video, it shows that Espresso's pet monkey, Monkeyatto, is trained to attack other Mods at his will. Like all Elite Mods, Espresso has a w:c:modnationracers:Grudge Match:Grudge Match, but his is a little different from other Elite Mods and is only in ModNation Racers for the PlayStation Portable. He drives an F1-Style Kart, and likes other exotic karts. He sponsors for the ModNation company Speedwagon.
He is the maker of the SUX-600D (which is currently and will be only available as a radio-controlled model kart.)
Espresso was also responsible for ending The Chief's career as a racer. In the pre-race cutscene of Crazy Crater, Espresso throws a tire at Tag's head while he gets an interview, then taunts him again after the camera looks at him.
Espresso is yellow in color. He wears a green aero helmet and a green and red circus shirt and pants.
- In Template:MNRPSP, his Grudge Match has an added condition to win; you must take him down before you beat him.
- In the PS3 Version, Espresso has no Grudge Match whatsoever.
- It is important to note that the SUX-600D and Espresso's Kart are two different vehicles altogether.
- It is possible that Espresso may have been in the circus before becoming a racer. This is because he wears clown pants, has a pet monkey dressed like a circus man, and circus music comes on in different cutscenes with him in them.
- Espresso has a cupholder in his kart, and there is a coffee cup in it, presumably filled with espresso.
- Espresso may possibly be of Italian descent, as he speaks with an Italian accent in the cutscenes, as well as references Italian dishes in his dialogue.
- In the PSP Version, Espresso's Kart has jet engines instead of the engine it uses in the PS3 version.