|“||Hey look buddy, I'm an engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "what is beauty?" because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems.||„|
The Engineer (real name; Dell Conagher) is a soft-spoken, amiable Texan with an interest in all things mechanical. He specializes in constructing and maintaining Buildings that provide support to his team, rather than fighting at the front lines. The Engineer's various gadgets include the Sentry Gun; an automated turret that fires at any enemy in range, the Dispenser; a device that restores the health and ammo of nearby teammates, and Teleporters that quickly transport players from point A to point B.
Because the Engineer's ingenious devices are under constant threat from explosives and devious enemy Spies, a good Engineer must keep his gear under a watchful eye and repair with them his wrench at all times. When the Engineer needs to get his hands dirty, his trio of generic yet capable weapons, along with the assistance of his helpful hardware, make him more than capable of holding his own in a fight.
If need be, the Engineer can pick up and haul constructed buildings to redeploy them in more favorable locations.
In Expiration Date
In the TF2 short film Expiration Date, Dell fears that his teleporters may be causing tumors in his team mates, and experiments with teleporting bread. He later learns that the "tumors" only form in pure wheat, and that the tumors are actually a living organism.
- Frontier Justice
- Pomson 6000
- Rescue Ranger
- Short Circuit
- Golden Wrench
- Golden Frying Pan
- Southern Hospitality
- Eureka Effect
- Sentry Gun
- Combat Mini-Sentry Gun
- The Engineer is voiced by Grant Goodeve.
- The Engineer wears his construction helmet backwards.
- The Engineer's primary weapons are his sentry guns to shoot enemies on sight. His secondary weapons are a pistol and shotgun in case his structures are destroyed. His melee weapon is a wrench that he also uses to repair or rebuild his structures.
- The Engineer is one of the only two mercs with a known first and last name, he shares this with Demoman who is named Tavish DeGroot.
- Some fans debate whether Soldier's name is literally Jane Doe or if that's a cover.
|Team Fortress 2 Villains|