Eldon Stammets was a serial killer of TV show Hannibal. He preyed on diabetics and was obsessed with the similarities between the structures of fungi and the human mind.
He is played by Aidan Devine.
Stammets found his victims through his job as a pharmacist. After abducting them, he would bury his victims alive but in a drug-induced coma in a shallow grave in the wilderness and plant fungi on top of them. To feed the mushrooms and keep his victims alive, he would inject the victims with sugar water intravenously through catheters and give them air through tubes suspended in nearby trees above ground, long enough for the fungus to eat away any distinguishing characteristics.
The bodies were discovered by three boys walking around the woods. He tried to kidnap Abigail Hobbs, pretending to be a doctor in order to connect her with Will Graham, but was shot and arrested by Will before he was able to leave the hospital.
- Ten unnamed people, one of whom initially survied but died in the ambulance.
- Gretchen Speck (attempted)
- Detective Pascal (shot in the head)
- Abigail Hobbs (attempted to kidnap)
- One of his attempted victims, Gretchen Speck, was also a character in a television series called Wonderfalls, which was also produced by Bryan Fuller and cancelled after one season.