|“||I hate my life.||„|
|~ Ed's catchprase|
Edward "Ed" Bighead, also known as Mr. Bighead, is the main antagonist of Rocko's Modern Life. He is a cane toad who is Rocko's next-door neighbor (and sometimes his archnemesis), Bev's husband, and Ralph's father. He is also an employee at Conglom-O. He wants to prove that he is the best neighbor on the block. Occasionally, he also likes causing misery to Rocko, Spunky, Heffer, and Filburt.
He was voiced by Charles Adler.
Ed has green skin, blue lips, has a few hairs on his head and usually wears a white shirt under brown dungarees and a black bow tie.
Ed is shown to be grouchy, bossy, deceiving, egotistical, selfish, petty, dishonest, exploitative, and corrupt, so he has a terrible temper, but fears his wife Bev and his boss Mr. Dupette. He is known to dislike Rocko, Spunky, Heffer, and Filburt and has even attempted to either kill them or have them killed a few times. He yells at anyone he sees and grumbles bitterly under his breath at any situation he finds even slightly troubling. He originally had a bad relationship with his son, Ralph, because he didn't want to follow in his footsteps, but has since make amends with him when Ralph came to Ed and Bev's anniversary party. Ed's catchphrase is "I hate my life." Everyone hates Ed except for Rocko.
- Joe Murray, the creator of Rocko's Modern Life, said that he based the Bigheads on a group of neighbors who lived next door to him during his childhood. Murray described the neighbors as "grumpy and pissed about everything." The general concept involving characters with large heads originated from a comic written by Murray named "Rizzo the Art Director."
- Ed's catchphrase is "I hate my life." He usually says this as a reaction to getting a punishment.
- He once had a midlife crisis from being called "too old."
- Ed would yell after watching a bit of Sweating in Your Undies, which is a parody of Sweating to the Oldies.
- The Toad (from Flushed Away) has a similar appearance to Ed.
- Peg Leg Pete (Disney)