Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|The Joker believes this article is lacking a certain flair -
namely some good quality images.. you could just leave the article without pictures but really now.. where's the fun in that?'
The Dungeon Keeper is the titular antagonist and main player-controlled character of the video-game series, Dungeon Keeper, which is set in a similar style to other Dark Fantasy titles such as Overlord, in which the player takes the role of an all-powerful Dark Lord who builds massive dungeons filled with evil traps, monsters and so forth - conquering realms as he goes about his evil ways.
As a Dark Lord, its not surprising that Dungeon Keeper sought to conquer the world and rule it within the iron fist. But the early days would be tough, as the player started off with few rooms, few resources, and weaker imps. So the player must tasked the starting minions to expand and maintain his/her dungeon by dug their way to make some empty rooms and tunnels as well as mine some gold and jewel ore from gold seam that discovered during excavation process to fund the dungeon's improvement that also include research on dark magic to increase the player's powers.
The player also need to build few lairs for some new dark creatures/followers that joined to his/her cause to stay as well as faciliate the dungeon with everything they need, includes recreations, hatchery for livestocks, etc., anything to make them comfortable while serving the player. Other reason why Dungeon Keeper need to build some lairs for new dark creatures/followers to stay is to keep pesky heroes that intrude the dungeons at bay: Imps that you hire as starting minions, in spite of capable to perform various tasks, are poor in combat and no match for the heroes so your better dark creatures/followers are better choice in dealing them.
Each type of monsters/demons/goons that worked for Dungeon Keeper are vary both in abilities, appearance, and personality. So the means to made them become effective minions is not just to task them with job that they excel in, but also need to be treated fairly: Dungeon Keeper must neither too strict/abusive toward his/her minions (which result the minion less loyal but more efficient) nor tolerate/spoiled his/her minions too much (which resulting them less effective in working due to lazier).
Rooms The Dungeon Keeper Obtains
- Dungeon Heart (the most important part of any Dungeon and the anchor that allows the Dungeon Keeper to infiltrate an enemy realm, if the Dungeon Heart is destroyed the Dungeon Keeper is banished from a realm forever)
- Portals (important areas where monsters are summoned into any given Dungeon)
- Library (a room where evil magicians may study forbidden magic and evil tomes)
- Lair (a room used for rest and to keep the Dungeon Keeper's minions content)
- Hatchery (a room which stores chickens, which are used to feed the many creatures which inhabit the Dungeons)
- Training Room (the area where monsters may go to hone their combat skills)
- Torture Chamber: Area to torture either captured heroes or rival imps and brainwashed them to your side.
Spells The Dungeon Keeper Obtains
- Create Imps (literally creates imps - the most basic of minions)
- Thunderbolt (hurls a thunderbolt at enemies)
- Possession (allows direct command of any monster)
Creatures The Dungeon Keeper Has Under His Command
- Imps (Dungeon Keeper): Small humanoid demon conjured to performed Dungeon Keeper's various biddings. They normally tasked for expanding dungeon by digging new tunnels, mining gold and other precious materials to fund dungeon expansion, etc. In spite of being effective minions, they are ill-prepared for combat.
- Goblins (Dungeon Keeper): Goblins represent the staple of any thriving dungeon. Goblins excel at nothing, but are eager and willing to serve, although they may well turn their noses up at research or manufacturing work. For some reasons, they tend to be bullied by other non-Goblin followers/Dark Creatures
- Horned Reaper
- Warlocks (Dungeon Keeper)
- Trolls (Dungeon Keeper)
- Dark Elves (Dungeon Keeper)
- Skeletons (Dungeon Keeper)