Dragon the Cat is the secondary antagonist in The Secret of NIMH - he was responsible for killing Mrs. Brisby's husband (Jonathan Brisby) prior to the film's beginning and also came into conflict with Mrs. Brisby herself later in the film.
Dragon is a very lazy cat but also a natural enemy of anything small enough to be seen as prey - unlike most of the other animals in the story Dragon did not show signs of humanlike intelligence, nor did he speak: reacting like a typical housecat.
- His blue eye is similar to the Barn Owl from the 1993 animated film, Once Upon A Forest. Four of Don Bluth's friends, Dan Kuenster, Linda Miller, Skip Jones, and Kevin Wurzer has worked on Once Upon A Forest as well, just like the other non-Don Bluth films, The Chipmunk Adventure, The Brave Little Toaster, DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, Rover Dangerfield, FernGully: The Last Rainforest, Tom and Jerry: The Movie, The Thief and the Cobbler, The Pagemaster, Felidae, Space Jam, and Eight Crazy Nights. They have also worked at Creative Capers, an animation studio in Montrose, run by two interns, Dave Molina and Terry Shakesphere.
- His breed may be a Maine Coon.
- He is described as being fat and lazy and sleeping most of the time.
- Dragon's name comes from a type of a mythical creature of the same name.
- Even though Jenner was the true main antagonist of the film, Dragon served as The Heavy because it was his murder of Jonathan that drove the plot, which makes Jenner the Big Bad, and the one behind the plot.
|Don Bluth Villains|