|“||You... You killed him... Daniel was like a son to me... A sickly son, perhaps... But one full of promise... He accomplished so much... and so well. And now you've taken him from me! From us! Like the Apple. Like Lucy. We want to help the world, Desmond. To save it from itself! But you keep getting in the way. All our hard work, ruined. You're a fanatic. All your kind. Maintaining the erroneous belief that WE are evil. That the work WE do is wrong. We ENRICH lives here. We SAVE and TRANSFORM them. But you... You just keep taking and taking what isn't yours!||„|
|~ Dr. Vidic to Desmond Miles during his breakdown following the death of his right hand man, Daniel Cross.|
Dr. Warren Vidic is the main antagonist of the present day storyline in the Assassin's Creed video game series. More specifically, Vidic serves as the main antagonist of Assassin's Creed, and the main antagonist of Assassin's Creed II and Assassin's Creed III.
He was a lifelong employee of Abstergo Industries, the modern-day front of the Templar Order. He was the creator of the Animus and the subsequent experiments done with it on Daniel Cross (Subject 4), Clay Kaczmarek (Subject 16), and, most notably, Desmond Miles (Subject 17). So far, he has appeared in all of the major Assassin's Creed games, as well as the comic series.
He was voiced by Phil Proctor in the games. He was eventually killed by series' protagonist Desmond Miles during the events of Assassin's Creed III who also died in the same game.
Abilities and Equipment
- Genius-Level Intellect: Dr. Warren Vidic is a genius, having created the Animus Technology, a genetic manipulation, and genetic reading device. He is so far the only known human being who created his own Piece of Eden.
- Vast Resources: He has access to all of Abstergo Industries and the Templar Order's resources.
- Brainwashing: He himself managed to create a prototype piece of eden, which he used to mentally probe Daniel Cross's mind and program him with an impulse that will activate and force him to assassinate the Mentor upon meeting him.
- Genetic Manipulation: Using his Animus Technology, he is able to manipulate the genes of an individual as well as read the memories stored in them.
- Vidic has multiple similarities to Madame Kovarian from Doctor Who; they both abduct children and condition them into becoming expert assassins (Vidic with Daniel Cross and Kovarian with River Song) and then send them after the hero to try and kill them. They both share apparent sadism in what they do and they both have little, if any, regard for human life. Also, both of them maintain a calm demeanor, and are adamant that what they are doing is right, even though it clearly is not.
- Vidic's death is similar to the death of The Horned King as both are ironically killed by the item they desired.