Dr. Valentine is a cruel doctor who is revealed to be the head of the NIMH corporation and the secondary antagonist in The Secret of NIMH 2: Timmy to the Rescue.
He originally used Martin for one of his neurological experiments and brainwashed him to insanity. It wasn't until Timmy made it to NIMH that Martin brainwashed him and made Dr. Valentine think that he was a dog.
Role in the film
- He was voiced by Steve Mackall.
- Being that he is the head of NIMH and the person responsible for brainwashing Martin, it is likely that he created Jenner as well. He was arguably the person that Farmer Fitzgibbons was in contact with. Therefore, he could be the Greater Scope Villain of the first film.
- It is unclear if Dr. Valentine is the original scientist who created the Rats of NIHM or what the nature of his research was for (possible medical study, zoology study, biological warfare, black marketing, and anything else).
- If Dr. Valentine injected Martin Brisby with the same drugs he experimented with on the Rats of NIMH, then Martin's insanity is partial proof that the NIHM performance enhancer does indeed have a small percent chance of causing its animal patients to exhibit aggressive and violent tendencies as well as a disregard for others.
- He did make humans act like dogs.
- This would then prove that Jenner was most likely affected by this same percentage and logic.
|Don Bluth Villains|