If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Why did you do that?! That was not necessary!||„|
|~ Dr. Serena Kogan|
|“||For many years humans have believed in what they wanted to believe, but what they believed in was a bit too big for us to grant their wish, Cyberdyne couldn't let them push their limits, their dreams were too much.||„|
|~ Doctor Serena Kogan|
|“||I've worked for Cyberdyne Systems for ten years now and i still haven't seen any changes in our activity. We are a robotics and cybernetics corporation, but yet our duties were not completed, we had to think, think of something that would boost our knowledge skills to lead to the creation of Skynet.||„|
|~ Dr. Serena Kogan|
Dr. Serena Kogan is a posthumous antagonist in the 2009 movie Terminator: Salvation.
Serena Kogan was born in 1955 and had been working for Cyberdyne for 10 years before her death in 2004. In 2003, Serena persuaded Marcus Wright into signing a contract for Cyberdyne Systems to allow her to do 'research' on Marcus' dead body. She died of her terminal cancer in 2004, just sometime after Cyberdyne had been purchased by the Air Force. Despite Cyberdyne being shut down, her research was continued by Skynet to create Marcus for a reason, to survive Judgement Day and to harvest humans to bring back to Skynet by becoming a cyborg Infiltrator Prototype.
When he was in the Skynet Central, Serena Kogan's face was used by Skynet itself to communicate with Marcus, pulled from his mind, as her image was the easiest to process.
Serena's personality at the beginning of the film was all 'nice and friendly' but the inside of her was selfish and greedy all along, she just wanted to experiment on a human to see the future of the machines. Later on, Skynet takes her appearance saying that Serena programmed Marcus Wright but he executed that programming 'beautifully'.
- In the comic series of Terminator, Serena is portrayed as the main villain of the franchise.
- Just as Marcus dies on the day of his death penalty, she is shown greedily smirking at him as the screen fades to white.
- Serena was a persuader, she wouldn't stop bugging Marcus until he agreed to sign the contract.
- Despite Cyberdyne Systems being shut down and purchased by the Air Force, she still decided to continue her research and after she died, Skynet used her research as a boost for making more and more cybernetic organisms.
- Her research lead to the creating of the T-800 (Arnold Schwarzenegger), the T-1000 and the T-X.
- Some rumors state that she didn't actually die of her cancer but rather of the events of Judgement Day.
- In a deleted scene of Terminator Salvation, she was originally intended to appear as a cyborg. An artwork of her as such was even shown as well. Also, she was intended to fight John Connor and Marcus alongside T-RIP n the film's climax.
- She was originally intended to be portrayed by Tilda Swinton, who is known for her portrayal of Jadis the White Witch but was replaced by Helena Bonham Carter before filming. She accepted the part as her boyfriend-later-husband Tim Burton, is a Terminator fan.