Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||Nine have killed you, nine shall die.||„|
|~ Dr. Phibes to a picture of his wife.|
Dr. Anton Phibes is the main antagonist in The Abominable Dr. Phibes and Dr. Phibes Rises Again.
He was portrayed by the late Vincent Price, who voiced Professor Ratigan in The Great Mouse Detective.
The Abominable Dr. Phibes
He was a doctor of music and theology and the world's greatest organist. One day, while rushing for his beautiful, but dreadfully ill wife, Victoria, he was horribly disfigured by a car crash. The accident also affected his voice, so he can barely talk, he talk by using a phonograph as his voice by plugging a cord from the phonograph to his neck. To make things worse, his wife died on a operating table. And with that Phibes blamed to doctors and kill them by using the terrible things used as plagues Moses warned Ramses and God sent on Egypt for not letting the Israelites free.
Dr. Phibes Rises Again!
Dr. Phibes comes back to life. This time he searches for the river of life so he and his wife.
- (Boils) Bees: Professor Thornton
- (Gnats) Bats: Dr. Dunwoody
- (Frogs) Mechanical Frog Mask: Dr. Hargreaves
- (Blood) Draining Blood: Dr. Longstreet
- (Hail) Snow Machine: Dr. Hedgepath
- (Flies) Rats: Dr. Kitaj
- (Livestock) Brass Unicorn Head: Dr. Whitcombe
- Locusts: Nurse Allan
- Death of the First Born Male Child: Dr. Versalius
- Darkness: Dr. Phibes
- Many horror movie fans believe that Phibes was inspired by the Phantom of the Opera, for they do have simaliaties on villainy, they're tragic, disfigured seekers of revenge.
- His theme song is "War March of the Priests" by Mendelssohn.
- His victory music after killing most of the doctors and finding the river of life is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" from the 1938 musical film The Wizard of Oz.
- Dr. Phibes marks Vincent Price's 100th film performance.
- Dr. Phibes has some similarities to Professor Henry Jarrod. They're both disfigured seekers of revenge both played by Vincent Price.