|“||The last sense of crime is to build a domination of crime. Builded on the ideale of a world which is sentenced to the downfall. A condition of complete unsaftey and anarchy. When mankind is controlled by the terror of crime, is haunted by dread and appall, then there's the domination of crime||„|
|~ Mabuse's ghost in "Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse"|
Dr. Mabuse is the main antagonist in the German "Dr. Mabuse"-movies and -books. He's an evil genius who wants to create a new society with the domination of crime.
Dr. Mabuse is a master of diguise and can immitate people who're beliefed to be alive but are killed by Mabuse since months. He's also a great master of hypnose: In "Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse" he hypnotizes the prison warden to make his organisation doing crimes while he's in prison. When Mabuse's dead, the prison warden still is controlled by Mabuse's ghost.
List of Dr. Mabuse-actors
- Rudolf Klein-Rogge (Dr. Mabuse, der Spieler/ Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse)
- Vincent Price (Die lebenden Leichen des Dr. Mabuse)
- Larry D. Mann (The Green Hornet)
Dr. Mabuse had a cameo-appearance in the TV-show "Kottan ermittelt". He doesn't appear in the movie "Dr. M schlägt zu" and "Die 1000 Augen des Dr. Mabuse" altough they belong to the "Dr. Mabuse" series.
- Dr. Mabuse shares a similarity to Chucky: They both transfered their soul into another body (Mabuse into a human one, Chucky into a doll) to continue their crimes.
- Mabuse shares a similarity to Professor Moriarty: They're both famous scientists and crime lords.
- In "Die 1000 Augen des Dr. Mabuse", the villain is a mad man called Dr. Jordan who's a "fan" of Mabuse and wants to continue his work. However Jordan could also be a reincarnation of him.