Dr. Diente is the main antagonist of the American Dragon: Jake Long episode "The Legend of Dragon Tooth".
He is voiced by John C. McGinley.
He was a human dentist who served as the assistant to The Tooth Fairy. However, upon hearing that Haley Long (a girl who can turn into a dragon) was about to lose her first tooth, he turned against his boss and took possession of her wand and her Tooth Minions. He planned to steal Haley's tooth as dragon teeth have mystical powers.
Dr. Diente kidnaps Haley and she eventually loses her tooth. Diente takes it and wraps his hand around it and places his hand into a pot of soil, causing the tooth's powers to activate and turn Diente into a large white-furred monster.
Diente then goes on a rampage in New York and starts to steal the money the Tooth Fairy gave to children. Luckily, Haley's older brother Jake (who can also turn into a dragon), was able to stop Diente by taking a billboard-sized TV and smashing it on top of him.
- Dr. Diente is similar to Carlos
- Both stared out as the assistant to a mythical being (Tooth Fairy and Easter Bunny).
- Both eventually turn against their bosses and try to overthrow them.
- Both are transformed by an object (Diente used Haley's tooth to turn into a monster whilst Carlos became a chick-rabbit hybrid after taking possession of The Egg of Destiny).
- Both battle the hero (Jake Long and E.B.) and are eventually defeated (Jake smashed a giant TV on top of Diente whilst E.B., in order to stop Carlos leaving in the Egg Sleigh, used drums to make Carlos's sidekick Phil give the wrong takeoff signals). However, unlike Diente, Carlos doesn't die.