|“||If Man won't kill God, the Devil will do it! Ancient, Kryptonian deformity! Blood of my blood! Born to destroy you! Your Doomsday!||„|
|~ Luthor about his creation|
Doomsday was created by the manipulative mastermind Lex Luthor in order to kill Superman. He has massive superhuman strength & stamina, as well as the ability to evolve and regenerate at a very fast rate.
He was portrayed by motion capture and voice over acting by actor Robin Atkin Downes.
Doomsday is created by Lex Luthor. After getting permission to access Zod's corpse, Luthor secretly cuts off one of Zod's fingers and uses it to activate the kryptonian ship. There, he accesses the ship's database and eventually creates Doomsday by cutting his own hand and dripping the blood on Zod's corpse.
Doomsday is revealed by Luthor when he is confronted by Superman. Superman and Doomsday engage in a fight. Batman intervenes using his Batmobile and his FN MK 13 grenade launcher. Wonder Woman then shows up and uses her shield to deflect Doomsday's heat blasts, and therefore the three are united for battle.
Doomsday quickly gained the upper hand on the three heroes but is defeated when Superman sacrifices himself and stabs a spear consisting of pure kryptonite into Doomsday. Desperate to get the spear out of his chest, Doomsday stabs Superman with one of his spikes in the chest. Despite this, Superman proceeds to actually pull upon another spike (which made the spike go deeper into his chest) so that he can fully push the Kryptonian spear into Doomsday, and therefore Doomsday was killed. Although Superman seemingly dies too, it is hinted that he might have survived.
Powers and Abilities
- Feral Mind: Due to his deformed physiology, his mental faculties are also deformed & he relies solely on ins predatory instincts, aggression & bloodlust.
- Deformed Kryptonian Physiology: Doomsday is a Kryptonian deformity, an illegal life form created by the Genesis Chamber. His creation was originally banned by many Alien Councils, due to their disastrous results. Rather than appearing to be human, Doomsday is a grey skinned abomination, about three times the size of a normal human being.
- Superhuman Strength: His strength is on par with Superman's strength. His size gives him superior strength to Superman's vast super strength.
- Superhuman Reflexes: He has shown reflexes that are greater than normal humans. However, his feral mind minimizes the proper use of his superhuman reflexes.
- Superhuman Resilience: His durability is on par with Superman's durability, which borders on nigh-invulnerability. His stamina & adrenaline are also virtually limitless.
- Healing Factor: He heals from moderate injuries instantaneously. He can even regenerate limbs after an extended amount of time. He is also ageless. It is possible that his "death by Kryptonite" is not permanent.
- Magic & Kryptonite Vulnerability: Doomsday is vulnerable to Diana's weaponry, Batman's Grenade Launcher (it has Kryptonite Ammunition) & Batman's Kryptonite Spear.
- Energy Absorption: Wonder Woman has stated that he absorbs energy to "adapt & evolve".
- Electric Blasts: He can create blasts of electricity from his body which can destroy a few city blocks.
- Heat Blasts: He can generate a heat vision from his eyes & mouth, making it three times thicker than Superman's heat vision.
- Self-Levitation: After his first "Evolution", he was capable of levitating like Superman. However, he cannot fly at high speeds.
- Energized Evolution: Upon absorbing energy from many missiles launched from Apache Helicopters, he grew out bony propulsions & even grew out claws & much thicker muscle mass.
- Superman/Clark Kent † - Killer and Victim
- Batman/Bruce Wayne - Indirect Killer
- Wonder Woman/Diana Prince - Indirect Killer
- United States Armed Forces
- Lois Lane - Indirect Killer
- Kryptonian Law Council †
- Doomsday is said to appear in the upcoming Justice League films.