|“||I don't understand, for my whole walking life I had to keep my mouth shut, having to deal with everyone's annoying little habits, but now I can say what I like.||„|
|~ Darwin in "The Words"|
Darwin Watterson is one of the main protagonists and the overall main deuteragonist of The Amazing World of Gumball. He was once the pet fish of the family, but one day, all of a sudden, he grew legs and got the abilty to adapt life outside of water.
In season 2, he has been acting a bit more of a jerk than he did previously, with random angry outbursts involving yelling and destructive actions. But, he is still considered to have better morality than Gumball.
- The Laziest - He, along with Gumball, inadvertantly made Larry lose his job, car, and girlfriend.
- The Prank - He and Gumball played a prank on their dad, and continues to prank him throughout the episode.
- The Secret - He uploaded an embarrassing video of Gumball dancing which got over 90,000,000,000 views it was revealed at the end of the episode.
- The Banana - After seeing what Banana Joe did to his homework and Gumball's desk, he gets revenge by chewing on various things in Joe's locker, including his family pen.
- Halloween - He and Gumball go around town scaring people as mischievous' ghosts.
- The Words - One of his most Antagonist Roles yet. He literally offends the kids' feelings, then briefly became his alter-ego, Evil Darwin, offends the students even more.
- The Dream - As his evil alter-ego, he kisses Penny in one of Gumball's dreams that makes him mad. At the end of the episode, he gets mad at Gumball for making him kiss Sussie in his dream.
- The Sidekick - For him thinking that he is Gumball's sidekick, he doesn't help his buddy get their game back from Tobias; he also kidnaps Tobias's mom at one point in the episode.
- The Hero - Along with Gumball, he makes fun of their dad's behavior.
- The Limit - Along with Gumball, Anias, and thier dad, he tries to pursuade their mom to get her candy, but only makes her end up losing complete control and going into a furious rage.
- The Promise - He attempts to abandon Gumball to help Banana Joe make a video at school, to which he promised him.
- The Bros - Darwin gets jealous of Gumball wanting to spend time with Penny. He comes between the two and constantly interferes for Gumball's attention, acting as an obnoxious attention hog, with his ultimate goal being Gumball and Penny's break-up. After Gumball became distraught after Darwin's plan succeeded, Darwin felt remorse immediately, and helped Gumball set up his dream scenario.
- The Pizza - Along with the rest of the Wattersons, he antagonizes Larry until he quits all his jobs, which unravels the commercial structure of Elmore
- The Safety - He becomes overprotective of the Wattersons and goes as far as to throw garbage cans at innocent bystanders. He also sets up a series of cameras that watch the every move of Elmore citizens. As if that were not enough, he takes the power of Elmore Town Hall and plans to invade the rest of the world just to make it a safer place.