|This scum Darla Dimple|
is driving Cruella insane!
IT MUST BE REWRITTEN OR ADDED TO!!
So sayeth the great Lord of Darkness Sauron:
or he will send Darth Vader to terminate you.
|“||That's right! I am an angel! I... am... an adorable... little... ANGEEEEEEEL!!!||„|
|~ Darla Dimple, showing her true nature|
She was voiced by Ashley Peldon, with Lindsay Ridgeway doing her singing voice.
Despite being adorable and beautiful, Darla Dimple makes an effort to appear sweet and kind when in public, but is in reality a spoiled, mean and ultimately psychotic villain who has no qualms about exacting unjust vengeance on anyone she feels has wronged her. Darla is also a menace to her staff and subordinates - to the point where they try everything they can to keep her happy, probably due to her being their main star plus the fact that nobody wants to risk invoking her wrath and having her dreaded henchman Max to deal with. This is easier said than done however as Darla has a very bad temper and hates animals. Darla will stop at nothing to get what she wants.
The main hero of the movie, a young tomcat by the name of Danny, learned this the hard way when he accidentally offended Darla by overstepping his place and attempting to sing. Darla was jealous and infuriated at this and threw a nasty temper tantrum in front of the entire film crew without any regret. She called in Max, who proceeded to grab Danny and intimidate him as a warning for what would happen the next time he crossed Darla's path.
However, Danny wouldn't give up his dreams and this inevitably put him into conflict with Darla again, to the point where she framed the animals for flooding Mammoth Studios to keep herself in the spotlight.
At the end of the movie, Darla's own temper got the better of her when she exposed herself as the spoiled monster she truly was to the entire audience when, after a failed attempted at sabotage, she yelled at Danny that she should have drowned him and the rest of the animals when she flooded the stage, unaware a microphone was currently attached to her head (due to her falling down a trapdoor and becoming entangled in wires and stage-props). This made the audience gasp in shock and disappointment, realizing that the vile little girl had intimidated and mistreated the animals all this time. Darla tried to save face by hugging Danny like she did earlier in the film, but it was too little too late when Pudge saves Danny by pulling a lever.
Darla was promptly dropped back through the trapdoor and fell to an unknown fate, yelling for Max, but her trusted man-servant was unable to aid her as he had already been sent flying away by Danny during a previous battle on a rooftop. She is later shown after the credits having lost her job and is now a janitor beyond the fourth wall.
- When Darla is in her sweet and loving persona, her hair bow is normal, however, when her REAL personality comes out, her bow becomes pointed whenever she is mad or plots something, reflecting her true sinister nature.
- Darla bears a physical resemblance to (but does not have the same personality as) Shirley Temple during her days as a child actress in the 1930s.
- As a matter of fact, Darla is a parody of Shirley Temple.
- Although she is the main villain, she doesn't compete with Danny physically, Max does.
- Her dual personalities is somewhat similar to Momoka Nishizawa's from Keroro Gunso(u)/Sgt. Frog, since both are rich and kids.
- However, unlike Momoka, Darla's evil personality is her true form.