The Dark SWAT Kats were encountered by the regular SWAT Kats when the TurboKat's three dimensional radar got hit by lightning and got transported in an alternate dimension. The regular SWAT Kats then were mistaken for criminals by the Enforcers and allies of the crime lord Dark Kat. The regular SWAT Kats prevented their evil counterparts and Dark Kat from setting off a bomb to destroy Enforcer Headquarters after the corrupt Deputy Mayor Callie Briggs helped them escape since she mistook the regular SWAT Kats for their evil counterparts. However, the bomb got stuck on the Dark SWAT Kats' jet and they are assumed to have perished in the explosion.
Difference from the SWAT Kats
- The Dark SWAT Kats don't get along with one another since they would often go into fights with one another despite the fact that they work together to commit crimes for Dark Kat.
- Unlike their good couterparts, Dark T-Bone is a clumsy pilot and Dark Razor is a lousy shot.
- Their fighting styles are very violent because of the way they attacked a Puma Dyne security officer and they seem to enjoy hurting people.
- They have missiles and gauntlets that are designed to kill their enemies.
- Their appearance also differs - being less groomed, meaner looking in expression, having darker fur and black noses, and having green skulls on the helmets. Their voices also appear to be more gravelly.
- The special features of their TurboKat is different from the regular SWAT Kats' version of the TurboKat.
- They probably do katnip, an illicit substance banned in MegaKat City.
- They rob banks and enjoy harming the Enforcers.
- They hate Lieutenant Felina Feral.
What they have in common with the SWAT Kats
- They hate Commander Feral and the Enforcers.