If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Dinner is served, Miss... Dinner is served, Miss...||„|
|~ Daniella's most famous quote.|
|“||Blood, Flesh Woman. You vile creature. You lure the man into your filthy body again and again... And you are allowed to do that because you are a precious, precious little princess. Precious... Precious little princess.||„|
|~ Daniella to Fiona Belli.|
Daniella is a major antagonist of the 2005 survival horror videogame, Haunting Ground. She displays severe mental instability during her pursuit of Fiona Belli. She is a resident and sole maid of Belli Castle, often seen preparing meals and cleaning during early progression of the game.
She was voiced by Moira Quirk
Being the castle's maid, cooks and does the household work around Belli Castle. She also tends her own garden of mandragora, which are screaming human-like plants that either scream or use their poisonous leaves as a defense mechanism. Daniella's movements are marionette-like and her behavior is unnerving. She wears a long, blue-green maid dress with a stylized Caduceus symbol on her shoulder. In Hard Mode, Daniella's dress is a deep red color.
Daniella is eventually revealed to be a homunculus, which is an artificial man-made human. It appears that Daniella was created by Lorenzo Belli much longer before the events of the game came to Fiona realizing Daniella wanted to be the perfect woman. Since she is a maid, she is serving Lorenzo for his cleaning and cooking tasks that he is unable to do himself due to being confined in a wheelchair.
Initially, Daniella seems unemotional and apathetic, but to Fiona Belli's despair, she notices that she's prone to erratic mood swings, split personalities, and maniacal laughter. Daniella might have a split personality disorder, alternating between intentions of murder to ignoring Fiona altogether in order to clean parts of the mansion. Despite her beauty, Daniella hates looking at herself in the mirror and will shriek at the sight of her reflection; her reflection reminds her that she is an imperfect, artificial creation that cannot taste, feel pain, have sexual intercourse, have emotion, or bear children, which means she isn't perfect and she gets angry at herself, thus, screaming at the mirror before breaking it.
Daniella chases after Fiona out of jealousy that Fiona can have children, experience pain, pleasure and human emotion as she possesses the Azoth, which Daniella believes will make herself human, and "complete". With no knowledge of alchemy, Daniella does not know how to extract Fiona's Azoth and she believes that if Fiona is killed, she can simply take it from her dead corpse (after ripping Fiona's uterus).
- Her area theme is "Stalking Insanity", stalker theme is "Something Lacking" and boss theme is "Last Daniella".
- Her full name may be "Daniella Belli", considering how she was "adopted" by Lorenzo. However, this is technically an unknown assumption.
- Some fans speculate that Daniella may be lesbian, and the "Daniella x Fiona" pairing are supported by some fans. Possible evidence includes the way she touches Fiona's hand, serves Fiona 10 bowls of soup, intrudes into Fiona's room to touch her while she sleeps, stares at her, and gets uncomfortably close to her at times to the point where they almost kiss. During a game over scene, Daniella appears to be having an orgasm while playing with Fiona's dead body, apparently ripping her clothes off and mutilating it. Daniella's speech about Fiona "luring men into her body" could be interpreted as Daniella's despair of not having Fiona to herself, and the unrequited feelings that Fiona is probably heterosexual like most women. Her death scene of being impaled in the heart by a window shard may be interpreted as symbolizing Daniella having a "shattered heart". One of Daniella's hiding places includes "coming out of the closet" for Fiona. Daniella's weapons (a long glass window shard and a fire poker) could be interpreted as phallic symbols. She licks both of them before her boss fight, possibly suggesting oral sex and mocking Fiona's heterosexuality. However, it is possible that Daniella is heterosexual, bisexual, asexual, etc, and this theory may be incorrect.
- It is possible that what Daniella is seen cooking in a pot at the beginning of the game is the remains of a human being, possibly Fiona's mother, Ayla Belli or a female homunculus similar to the one that Fiona saw in a water-filled tank in Riccardo's laboratory. Fiona comments that it looks something like "angel hair pasta." (Ayla and the female homunculus possess fine, blonde hair.) Later on, Fiona will comment that "the pot is filled with what look like tendrils. Wait a second, this looks like...human hair!"
- Since Fiona feels exhausted and tired after, some theorize Daniella poisoned the soup, probably with a sleeping drink, similar to what Mary Barrows did to Jennifer Simpson in Clock Tower: The First Fear.
- The way Daniella admires her glass shard is very similar to what Stephanie Tate does with her knife in Clock Tower II: The Struggle Within.