Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||GYA HA HA! I'ma remix yo face!||„|
|~ DJ Octavio|
DJ Octavio is the final boss and main antagonist of Splatoon and it's single-player campaign and the leader of the Octarian Army. He appears as an octopus with a ridiculously cool crown. Two of his tentacles are crossed and two are holding wasabi roots, and the other four are used as legs. Octavio does not fight hand-to-hand, instead opting to use a giant mecha that resembles a DJ podium.
Octavio's stage begins with Cap'n Cuttlefish tied up warning the player character (Agent 3) not to come any further. Once the player takes a few steps forward towards the Great Zapfish, Octavio's machine sucks it up and he starts scratching the records on his turntable.
The boss fight against DJ Octavio has five phases. Each phase has Octavio launch the machine's fists at the player, which must be reflected by splatting them in order to knock him back. Once Octavio is knocked back far enough, he will launch a large missile that needs to be splat-reflected three times in order to move on to the next phase. (Yes, the missile gets faster the more it's reflected.) Unlike most other tennis bosses, Octavio will not stop shooting his other weapons while you're reflecting the missile.
- The first phase starts off with Octorpedoes that home in slightly on the player.
- The second phase adds a Killer Wail attack to the mix, which is a one-hit-kill unless you have armor.
- The third phase will add small soccer-ball-like projectiles that will spawn lower-ranking Octarian troops if not destroyed.
- The fourth and fifth phase don't add any new weapons, but they presumably increase Octavio's rate of fire and change up the patterns.
After missiling Octavio four times, the music will change to a song sung by the Squid Sisters (the real identity of Agents 1 and 2), prompting Cuttlefish to break out of his bonds. After the fifth hit, Octavio will fly out of his machine, and one shot will send him flying back into it, causing it to self-destruct in a spray of ink.
- DJ Octavio's dialogue varies depending on region. The North American version has the hammy DJ-pun-filled banter we all know and love, while the European and Japanese versions have fairly generic final boss dialogue.
- After defeating Octavio, you can find him trapped in a snow globe in front of Cuttlefish's shed. Shooting at it causes Octavio to recoil.
- When re-fighting DJ Octavio, his dialogue and Agents 1 and 2's dialogue change.