|“||GYA HA HA! I'ma remix yo face!||„|
|~ DJ Octavio|
DJ Octavio is the final boss and main antagonist of the videogame Splatoon and it's single-player campaign and the leader of the Octarian Army. He appears as an octopus with a ridiculously cool crown. Two of his tentacles are crossed and two are holding wasabi roots, and the other four are used as legs. Octavio does not fight hand-to-hand, instead opting to use a giant mecha that resembles a DJ podium.
Octavio's stage begins with Cap'n Cuttlefish tied up warning the player character (Agent 3) not to come any further. Once the player takes a few steps forward towards the Great Zapfish, Octavio's machine sucks it up and he starts scratching the records on his turntable.
The boss fight against DJ Octavio has five phases. Each phase has Octavio launch the machine's fists at the player, which must be reflected by splatting them in order to knock him back. Once Octavio is knocked back far enough, he will launch a large missile that needs to be splat-reflected three times in order to move on to the next phase. (Yes, the missile gets faster the more it's reflected.) Unlike most other tennis bosses, Octavio will not stop shooting his other weapons while you're reflecting the missile.
- The first phase starts off with Octorpedoes that home in slightly on the player.
- The second phase adds a Killer Wail attack to the mix, which is a one-hit-kill unless you have armor.
- The third phase will add small soccer-ball-like projectiles that will spawn lower-ranking Octarian troops if not destroyed.
- The fourth and fifth phase don't add any new weapons, but they presumably increase Octavio's rate of fire and change up the patterns.
After missiling Octavio four times, the music will change to a song sung by the Squid Sisters (the real identity of Agents 1 and 2), prompting Cuttlefish to break out of his bonds. After the fifth hit, Octavio will fly out of his machine, and one shot will send him flying back into it, causing it to self-destruct in a spray of ink.
DJ Octavio returns as the final boss in Splatoon 2's Single-Player campaign.
When the level starts, you find out that DJ Octavio has brainwashed Callie and uses her to help him fight. DJ Octavio has three phases instead of five and it remains similar to Splatoon 1.
Phase 1 starts with DJ Octavio throwing punches at you while you try to ink them back. Occasionally, his punches will be to fast to ink and you'll have to dodge him. After a couple of punches inked back to him, he will pop out of his mech and you'll have to ink him. Once you do that, he will start firing some 'Calamari Bombs'. If you don't get rid of the calamari bombs, they will turn into spirals of Purple Ink which you can't swim through. DJ Octavio can also use his mech as an Ink Shower which will make the mech go really fast and leave a huge trail of Purple Ink behind.Another attack of Octavio is a Bomb Rush, for Phase 1 the bombs he uses are Splat Bombs Once you punch him enough times he will pop out again, ink him up again and enter Phase 2
Phase 2 begins with Marie using a Splat Charger on Callie to get rid of the 'Hypno-Shades' Octavio put on her. Phase 2 is more-or-less the same as Phase 1 but Octavio will be much more faster with his attacks, he also throws out more Calamari Bombs. The bombs he uses for the Bomb Rush are Suction Bombs. Ink Octavio once and enter the Final Phase.
Phase 3 begins with Callie getting her memory back and joining Marie, DJ Octavio gets mad and starts to fly away with his mech. Sheldon then equips you with the Rainmaker and then a Launch Pad appears. The pad takes you to a giant circle of Ink Rails where DJ Octavio is. Use the Rainmaker to make the punches hit DJ Octavio and jump over the un-inkable punches. Once you hit him enough times, Octavio's Mech will fall down and you'll to jump on with the Rainmaker to win the battle.
- DJ Octavio's dialogue varies depending on region. The North American version has the hammy DJ-pun-filled banter we all know and love, while the European and Japanese versions have fairly generic final boss dialogue.
- After defeating Octavio, you can find him trapped in a snow globe (like Dave from Penguins of Madagascar) in front of Cuttlefish's shed. Shooting at it causes Octavio to recoil.
- When re-fighting DJ Octavio, his dialogue and Agents 1 and 2's dialogue change.
- DJ Octavio is the only boss in Splatoon who takes the longest to beat and is the last boss in the game.