Tom's Owner is an unnamed character who appeared only in the Gene Deitch era (1961-1962) of Tom and Jerry shorts, serving as Tom's owner. He appeared in Down and Outing, High Steaks and Sorry Safari shorts.
Tom's owner is an overweight, average height, middle-aged, bald white man with very severe temper problems, often going red in the head when angered.
Tom's owner presumably does not know about the mouse Jerry's existence. He is much more brutal and violent in punishing Tom's actions when compared to Tom's previous owners: beating, pummeling and thrashing Tom repeatedly, stomping on his hand and causing it to swell, searing his head with a grill, forcing him to drink an entire carbonated beverage, slamming his fingers with a lunchbox lid and even wrapping a shotgun over his head and then firing it. He also often ties Tom up very tightly in order to keep him out of trouble. He often smiles maliciously after punishing Tom. When he doesn't have problems, he acts like a normal person and looks happily. He often sings a tunes for himself when he is calm, happy, and enthusiastic.
- He was voiced by Allen Swift.
- He was very unpopular among many fans of the series, as he was shown to be extremely brutal and violent towards Tom for his actions, sometimes bordering on animal cruelty.
- He played three different roles in all shorts he appeared in: a fisherman in Down and Outing, a chef in High Steaks, and a hunter in Sorry Safari. Also, Sorry Safari is the only short where he gets punished at the end (as well as only short where he never ties Tom up in order to keep him out of trouble).
- He is, by far, the most evil of all Tom's owners.
- He bears a slight resemblance to Clint Clobber, one of Gene Deitch's original characters who appeared in Terrytoons shorts from 1957 to 1959. It was rumored that the two characters were the same, which all fans keep calling him "Clint Clobber", because he was an unnamed character. According to Deitch, however, these similarities are completely coincidental.
- It is possible that he is in fact Rick from The Tom and Jerry Show (2014).