If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Claude Speed is the main protagonist of the video game, Grand Theft Auto 2.
Nothing is known about Claude Speed's early life. All what is known is that he was nothing more than a mere thug in Anywhere City. However, he soon began to work for many crime lords there. Initially working for many of their gangs, he had an ulterior motive: secretly working for all of them, to betray everyone of the bosses, kill them all and take over the city's criminal scene. After his treacherous nature is discovered by the crime lords, all of them try to kill him but are killed by him as a result. Thus, he was able to take over the city's criminal underworld and Anywhere City was consumed by chaos.
GTA 2 Movie
In the Grand theft Auto 2 movie, Claude remains mostly unchanged, working for several crime bosses in Anywhere City. At the end of the movie, Claude is killed by an assassin sent by the Zaibatsu Corporation after he steals a van and their merchandise.
Claude is an extremely ruthless, short-tempered, relentless, and callous sociopath who is willing to commit the worst crimes without hesitation, remorse or regret. He is extremely disloyal and treacherous for everyone and only cares about being respected. He will work for anyone who will give him the cash and resources needed and easily manipulates, betrays and hurts anyone who is between him and his goals. He is also extremely rude and insensitive as well as very ferocious in killing people. He goes far to the point of spitting on the corpse of people he killed. He worked for all of the gangs at the same time and was successful in turning them against each other to take over the city's criminal scene.
- Claude never speaks in Grand theft Auto 2. He talks in the movie but is never heard.
- Claude was played by Scott Maslen in the movie.
- Claude is absent in the Game Boy Color version of Grand theft Auto 2. He is replaced by six other protagonists.
- Claude Speed is often mistaken as Claude from Grand Theft Auto III (and vice versa).
- Claude Speed's name is presumably a pun on the term "God Speed".
- Claude is only character in Grand Theft Auto 2 to have an artwork.
- Claude is not purely evil character, but he comes very close to this category.