|“||Who am I? One name you might have for me is the World, or you might call me the Universe, or perhaps God, or perhaps the Truth. I am All, and I am One. So, of course, this also means that I am you. I am the truth of your despair, the inescapable price of your boastfulness.||„|
Supreme Beings are deities that holds supreme leadership of the cosmos. They are an extremely rare villain type in which the traditional monothestic God of most religions is seen as antagonistic.
Due to the extreme controversy such depictions cause, it has been a taboo for centuries, but has slowly began to rise in popularity as censorship (in some areas) has softened. It is the Heavenly Counterpart to Satan.
The characterization of God as an evil or dangerous entity is as old as the concept of God himself and is inspired by the "God as Satan" debate in philosophy.
In order to count a villain must meet the following criterias:
- There can be only one Supreme Being per story/universe. Of course, they can be two or even more Supreme Beings in alternate timelines (e.g. Zen-Oh and Future Zen-Oh); however, every incarnations must be linked to the an unique character.
- They are NOT necessary powerful demons or embodiment of all evil. Only add villainous depictions of the monotheistic God in this category.
- They are above every others villains in terms of power, ressources and scope, so they must possess extraordinary qualities.
- They are omnipotent or nigh-omnipotent.
- They are immortal, as their very essence is directly linked to the existence of their universe/multiverse.
- They must be Necessary Evil because without them, the world would never even exist.
- They must of been the ORIGINAL Creator of their setting, being a usurper does not make them a Supreme Being (thus Kefka, Thanos with Heart of Universe etc do not count, despite having powers on par with a Supreme Being)
All items (89)