|“||Your father...was seduced by the dark side of the force. He ceased to be Anakin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man who was your father was destroyed.||„|
|~ Obi-Wan Kenobi explaining Vader's origins.|
Many heroes walk a thin line between good and evil, indeed many heroes have fallen into despair, rage, or even madness, and once proud heroes descend further into the path of evil, often fighting against people they once protected or fought alongside. Originally protagonists or somewhat good guys, these villains turn evil due to events in their lives, such as being corrupted by another villain, their desire for revenge, a failed love relationship, or even betrayal from the good side to the dark side.
A "Hero turned to the Dark Side" (Fallen Hero for short) is usually the end-result of a protagonist exposed to a Corrupting Influence, Brainwasher, and occasionally an Extortionist, Blackmailer, or even a Bond Destroyer. In some situations, some heroes turned to the dark side can become Complete Monsters to add drama as they are willingly to be evil without remorse, redemption or positive qualities after all. Good examples include Makuta Teridax, Sauron, Lots-O Huggin' Bear, Terumi Yuuki and Koba.
There are various scenarios that involving why these individuals turned to the dark side, though the said individual often to fell onto multiple scenarios altogether:
- From Nobody to Nightmare: Scenario where the said individual turned to the dark side in this way often became a shocking events for either viewers, heroes, or other people that learned about this. Reason of this mainly because the said individual are used to be either harmless/helpless, looked down upon, his/her existence was ignored (like Max Dillon), and worse, considered as an outcast or an individual that often being abused by other people that dislikes/hate them, either the Big Bad or merely minor villains in the story. Once this individual turned to the dark side, they became feared by many people, includes heroes that facing them. Example of this is Koba.
- Not good with Rejection: The said individual may once, an acquaintance/love interest of heroes that befriended them prior turned to the dark side. One day, the said individual either made an offer or confessing love to the said hero, in which both cases, the hero rejected it. The individual then unable to cope with this, and thus, decided turned to the dark side. The worse the hero reject the individual, more farther that individual turned to the dark side. Example of this is Syndrome, who wished to being Mr. Incredible's partner, but Mr. Incredible rejected him, effectively pushing Syndrome into becoming a villain hellbent on genocide against superheroes until the Parr family and Frozone are presumed to be the last superheroes that still exist on earth.
- Being an Extremist: Scenario where a character has well-intentioned goals for the greater good, but their methods and ultimate ends are proven to be very extreme, to the point that they become something that is greatly despised, whether by those whom they know, the heroes, or themselves. The said actions may even potentially drive them to the dark side as well. Example of this is Rachel Berenson, whom in spite the fact that she fights to save Earth from the Yeerks, is the most aggressive and violent of the Animorphs because of her love of fighting.
- From Victim to Villain: These characters were once people who tried to be friendly and do good, but were rewarded with violence and cruelty by society. Often they were bully victims. And eventually they were pushed so hard the finally snapped and now seek revenge on the very society that shunned and hated them. Despite their tragic nature, very few of these characters actually are redeemable because they almost never forgive or forget and/or are now completely insane and cannot be reasoned with. Examples include Andrew Detmer and Lucy both of whom after being bullied and abused by others finally went on killing sprees, and in the end had to die in order to save others.
EXTREMELY IMPORTANT : Tragic villains do NOT automatically mean that they are heroes turned to the dark side. This category is meant for villains who used to actively work for the good side.
Please note that a character has to have been established as a hero before turning evil. Morally neutral characters - ala "average joes" or characters initially uninvolved with any side of the conflict - do not count. False Heroes - if they never were good - do not count either (e.g. Theo Galavan).
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Injustice Villains (51 P)
Pages in category "Heroes turned to the Dark Side"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 3,530 total.(previous 200) (next 200)
Media in category "Heroes turned to the Dark Side"
This category contains only the following file.
- Caillou .jpg