From the lands of princesses, dragons, and magic, here are villains who exist in fantasy settings in the style of Dungeons & Dragons, The Legend of Zelda, etc.
Fantasy Villains may inhabit worlds inspired by mythology, fairy tales, or folklore, although some fantasy does merge the "real world" and "fantasy world." In general, such franchises as Harry Potter are not traditional fantasy in the strictest sense of the word.
Like science fiction, everyone has a unique view on what is and is not fantasy, but as a wiki, we narrow the definition considerably in order to prevent the category growing too large.
What We Consider Fantasy
- The exploits of legendary heroes, such as Conan, Hercules, Sinbad, Aladdin, etc.
- Setting based upon fairy tales, mythology, or folklore (such as the villains in Date A Live, Spirits & Divine beings from the religion of Judaism.)
- Sword and sorcery (the kind of fantasy found in Super Mario, Zelda, Dungeons & Dragons, etc.)
What We Do Not Consider Fantasy
- Superhero fiction, such as those found in DC and Marvel; although a fantasy/sci-fi subgenre, it is better left in "Science Fantasy".
- Types of fantasy that employ heavy use of advanced technology and concepts other than sword and sorcery (countless series, including Pokemon, Digimon, and so forth).
This category has the following 74 subcategories, out of 74 total.
Pages in category "Fantasy Villains"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 2,440 total.(previous 200) (next 200)