|“||It was poetic using Earth's Dragon to save me from Earth's Hell. You cannot imagine the depths of my suffering there! I spent most of my days strung up like a damn pupating morph over a field of delicate little flowers where bands of angels and fairies and enchanted stuffed animals lived, singing songs and dancing asinine jigs as if their only care in life was when they would get their next warm, fuzzy hug! Instead of ruling the universe with an iron fist, I was SERENADED BY TEDDY-BEARS!!!||„|
|~ Frieza going into depth about his time in HFIL/Hell.|
Damned Souls, also known as Doomed Spirits and/or Cursed Souls, not only died but were also condemned to live on in a spiritual hell dimension; in essence, they become akin to Demons or Ghosts, but are distinct supernatural beings in their own right (often known as "Unclean Spirits").
Being a Damned Soul is considered the ultimate downfall and is often reserved for the most evil of characters, since only the most sinister of individuals (usually) give the audience enough hatred that they see eternal damnation as a suitable punishment. Most Purely Evil villains are reserved for this. Most villains who crossed Moral Event Horizon will be susceptible to this.
However, some Damned Souls can continue to plague the living after their death, becoming lesser demons or poltergeists.
Saved Souls are the complete opposite of Damned Souls.
- They must have started life as a human or a member of another mortal race; if they were angels, demons or spirits, they do not count.
- They must be imprisoned or linked to a hell dimension (unlike ghosts that wander between realms).
- Even if they gain demonic powers, they are still bound to Hell in some fashion (normally the classic "dragged to Hell upon defeat" type).
- They cannot be creatures that have "naturally" evolved in Hell or similar realms (aka "true" demons).
- Characters who merely revived without turning unholy do not count (e.g. Theo Galavan).
- Do NOT add beings that have always existed in Hell (true demons; e.g. Valak); this is for beings that were once of the living world but have since become infernal in nature due to becoming spiritually corrupt (e.g. many of the demons from Supernatural).
- Villains whose soul used to be condemned but later had their souls saved will not belong to this category any longer (e.g. Emma Swan, Kratos and Dean Winchester).
- Merely undead beings (e.g. Frankenstein's Monster) do not count. Undead beings that fit this category must have been related to Hell-like dimensions (e.g. Zombie Redcoats) or condemned due to a curse (e.g. Imhotep and the Dragon Emperor).
- Characters whose souls were wiped out from existence and became absolutely nothingness after their death (thus having NO afterlife) do not count (e.g. Goku Black).
- Characters who came back from death yet felt nothing after their death do not count (e.g. Chucky).
- Characters who just die.