|“||Please sit down before you fall down. We can at least behave like civilized people.||„|
|~ René Belloq to Indiana Jones|
Villains who are genuinely polite and friendly in spite of their being villains. They will frequently both speak and act in a polite manner even to the heroes they face (though some of them may be two-sided about it, and might occasionally provoke or insult them during a fight, though that's a rare sight for them), and their friendly nature often comes as a surprise to both those heroes and possibly also the viewer.
To be genuinely Affably Evil, the following criteria must be met:
- The affable nature is not an obvious facade that the villain is only maintaining to manipulate others. Affably Evil villains really ARE that nice.
- Therefore, please do not add a Pure Evil to this category.
- There is a difference between Affably Evil and Faux Affably Evil. The latter is a villain who sounds polite but would clearly throw you in front of a bus without a second thought. For a villain to be Affably Evil, they must not be that heedless to the lives and well-being of others. Affably Evil villains are usually only willing to hurt/kill people who actually get in their way and to everyone else they are a perfectly nice, amiable person; Faux Affably Evil villains do not show that kind of empathy and therefore their sounding polite but not acting it simply highlights their evil more rather than downplay it.
- Affably Evil villains have lines they won't cross. A Faux Affably Evil villain could easily act polite, but still blow up planets as a lifestyle. However, these types of villains are not pure evil, and will most likely have their limits of how far their evil-doing goes.
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [+] Protective (1 C, 1,160 P)
Pages in category "Affably Evil"
The following 200 pages are in this category, out of 2,120 total.(previous 200) (next 200)