This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||You're doing a great mistake, You can't be so stupid as to think this would be easy. My troops will storm this block and kill you both.||„|
|~ Captain Phasma to Han and Finn after they force her to deactivate the shields of the Starkiller Base.|
|“||You were always scum!||„|
|~ Captain Phasma's last words.|
Captain Phasma is a major antagonist of the Star Wars sequel trilogy. She serves as a supporting antagonist of the 2015 movie Star Wars - Episode VII: The Force Awakens, and will return in The Last Jedi. Phasma is a captain of the First Order under General Hux's command. She is the captain of the squad of which FN-2187, later known as Finn deserts. She also serves as the former commander and archnemesis to Finn.
She is portrayed by Gwendoline Christie, who is best known for her role as Brienne of Tarth on HBO's hit series Game of Thrones.
Star Wars - Episode VII: The Force Awakens
Captain Phasma is the commander of the Stormtrooper squad that accompanies Kylo Ren to Jakku in search for the missing part of the map leading to the location of Luke Skywalker, who has not been seen for almost thirty years. Her stormtroopers attack swiftly, rounding up the villagers and burning down their huts. After Kylo Ren murders the village elder Lor San Tekka, Phasma asks how they should fare with the villagers. Ren tells her to kill them all and Phasma gives the order, causing her stormtroopers to murder every villager. However, stormtrooper FN-2187 does not participate in the massacre. After returning to their flagship, Phasma speaks to 87, who is having a panic attack and took off his helmet. She tells him to have his blaster checked, referring to him not following her orders on Jakku, and tells him to put his helmet back on.
After FN-2187, now known as Finn, has deserted the First Order she is called before General Hux. She tells them that it was the first time that Finn defied orders and that no one could have expected this betrayal. Phasma is present when Hux addresses the First Order before using Starkiller Base to destroy the Hosnian System.
When the Resistance later starts their attack on Starkiller Base, Han Solo, Chewbacca and Finn infiltrate the base to shut down the base's shield generator. As none of them has an idea how to do that they ambush the next best stormtrooper who turns out to be Finn's old captain Phasma. Finn mocks her for him now being the one in control and they force her to deactivate the generator. To prevent her from alarming anyone, Han, in reminiscence on his adventures on the Death Star, proposes to throw her into the base's trash compactor which the group supposedly carries out.
Phasma was found and evacuated before the destruction of Starkiller Base and the planet.
Star Wars - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi
Phasma is set to appear in the upcoming sequel, Star Wars - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi where she will reprise her role as one of the supporting antagonists of the film.
As every single Stormtrooper, Phasma is extremely loyal to the First Order, and shows no tolerance, no mercy and most of all; cruelty towards the soldiers of the First Order, with her main hobby being supervising and disciplining over the Stormtroopers, and her main truly goal is to make sure that no Stormtrooper will escape or rather betray the FO just as Finn did, whom she wishes to kill as revenge for his betrayal and escape.
Phasma is actually the most cruel and the most ruthless Stormtrooper of all time in the Star Wars film franchise.
- She is the first major Star Wars villain to be female. Plenty of female villains have predated her. She is just the first major one.
- Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy confirmed that Captain Phasma, played by Gwendoline Christie, will return for The Last Jedi and that she has "big plans" for the character. "She's an important character, a baddie in the best sense of the word".
- According to Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary, Phasma's armor is constructed from the chromium remains of a Naboo yacht once owned by Emperor Palpatine.
- Her name is derived from the horror film series Phantasm; her silvery armor is a reference to the deadly silver spheres which are the weapons of the series main antagonist, the Tall Man. Phasma's armor's polished finish helped reflect harmful radiation.
- She is played by actress Gwendoline Christie, making her one of three Game of Thrones actors to have played roles in the Star Wars series, the other two being Julian Glover (who played General Maximilian Veers in The Empire Strikes back and played Grand Maester Pycelle in GOT) and Max Von Sydow (who played Lor San Tekka in The Force Awakens and the Three Eyed Raven in GOT).